diy solar

diy solar

Battery Resistance Measuring Instrument

frankz66

Hello everyone, I know that there is a tester that measures the internal resistance of lead batteries, lifepo4 etc.

These instruments measure the tension and their resistance precisely, so I ask you for advice on which one to buy. I buy normally on amazon . Thank you .

Your test results will be questionably comparable to the manufacturer's due to difference in methodology and calibration, so they will only be useful to make comparisons within batches of cells that you have tested with your test setup.

Your test results will be questionably comparable to the manufacturer's due to difference in methodology and calibration, so they will only be useful to make comparisons within batches of cells that you have tested with your test setup.
I didn't understand much .... Anyway to me server just to understand if some batteries in my case agm 12v in series tot. 48v have all the similar values of internal resistance.

I didn't understand much .... Anyway to me server just to understand if some batteries in my case agm 12v in series tot. 48v have all the similar values of internal resistance.
Oh my comment is about people who think they can "verify" the quality of Lifepo4 cells they buy with their own resistance tester. Sunshine will probably know the most here about AGM testing.

Oh my comment is about people who think they can "verify" the quality of Lifepo4 cells they buy with their own resistance tester. Sunshine will probably know the most here about AGM testing.

You called it.

Not reliable for absolutely accurate measurements to compare with other meters.

Excellent for comparing batteries/cells using the same meter.

I just wanted to have an extra tool that would give me the ability to measure the state of resistance. A practical example could be the state of health of my agm batteries as as a result of my skills in the fv about 2 years I had made the mistake of buying 12 v batteries not all at the same time but with a maximum of 6 months. Therefore, even if to date my accumulation is fine and gives me satisfaction, the batteries are not the exact same age. In addition, I have been mounting an equalizer for a few months that shifts current from one battery to another in order to keep almost the same voltage on the 4 .

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2
I just wanted to have an extra tool that would give me the ability to measure the state of resistance. A practical example could be the state of health of my agm batteries as as a result of my skills in the fv about 2 years I had made the mistake of buying 12 v batteries not all at the same time but with a maximum of 6 months. Therefore, even if to date my accumulation is fine and gives me satisfaction, the batteries are not the exact same age. In addition, I have been mounting an equalizer for a few months that shifts current from one battery to another in order to keep almost the same voltage on the 4 .
I don't think it's a useful pursuit. You can balance your batteries, capacity test them, and that's what you got that's their health. I don't see a real value in knowing more than that.

So would buying a tool be useless to keep as a tool in photovoltaics?
I would say so. I am quite an involved enthusiast and I have not considered buying one.

Someone who is getting into sorting used cells would have a use for one. But that's not so common nowadays that new cells are affordable.

Back