diy solar

diy solar

Budget DIY System with 30 amp outlet

solarain

Good afternoon.

I watched Will Prowse's video: "Budget DIY Ecoflow Delta Pro! More power for less money" and am interested in building one.

The Ecoflow Delta Pro has a 30A outlet on the front panel; can a 30A outlet be added to the system he built in the video?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

The short answer is yes.

Ideally you'd wire to a sub panel / breaker then your 30A connector.

Why 30A?
Did you do any load calculations?

Thanks!

The Ecoflow Delta Pro's 30A outlet can be used to power a 30A RV...was hoping to make a DIY version with more capacity and a bit cheaper, to boot. : )

I figure I could get a couple of days of boondocking on the Delta Pro + extra battery(s) so if I could make my own that is "bigger and better" I could last even longer without needing access to power.

In the video Will mentions that a simple extension cord could be added to the 48V LV6548 all-in-one box (if the loads are small) to power devices...so I was wondering if it would be relatively straightforward (for a beginner) to add a 30A outlet/cord/etc. so I could power a 30A RV.

Regards.

I like that idea.

Forgive my ignorance, but I had a thought that it would be nice to have a more "portable" unit, however, that I could move to another location if necessary versus a permanent install. For example, if I had the Delta Pro I would simply plug my 30A cable into the Delta and the other end into the external 30A inlet on the outside of the RV...turn on the power and I'm good to go. If I need the Delta for another task I could unplug the RV and move it to where I need it.

I was hoping that I could replicate this with a DIY build...have a battery unit and the RV and simply have a cable that plugs into both as needed.

Thanks!

You could make it portable.
Have you seen any of Will's hand cart videos?
Other members have also posted some really nice mobile builds using carts, rolling modular tool storage, etc.

Price out the cost of the pre-built vs DIY per KWh and I think you'll quickly realize what makes most sense.

The best part of building your own is you know it and can easily troubleshoot it and you gain lots of knowledge.

Back