diy solar

diy solar

Build 200 51.2 BATTERY

tareq

Hello, I am now planning to build my own lifepo4 battery. I have 32 cells with a capacity of 100Ah . Is it better to connect each two cells in parallel and use one BMS?
Or do I connect each 16 cells in series, then connect two series in parallel and use one BMS?
Or do I connect each 16 cells in series and connect them in a parallel with the other string and use 2 BMS 2( bms for each series?) Thank you.

please san you tell me why 2 cells in parallel better than 2 strings in parallel
How does the bms know the charges of each cell? 2 bms is required to put 2 strings in parallel (one bms for each string). If you want 1 bms, then 2 cells in parallel look like one cell to the bms.

How does the bms know the charges of each cell? 2 bms is required to put 2 strings in parallel (one bms for each string). If you want 1 bms, then 2 cells in parallel look like one cell to the bms.
ok thank you for your reply
Is it economically feasible to install 2 BMS, or is it better to connect cells in parallel?

Is it economically feasible to install 2 BMS, or is it better to connect cells in parallel?
Only you can answer that question. A 100 amp JK BMS is $90, and a 200 amp is $185. If you have a total of 100ah (two 50ah batteries), a 60 amp JK BMS is $70. If you have two BMS, and one battery goes bad, you still have the other running while you fix the broken one.

Back