diy solar

diy solar

Build a solar rack on a budget using what you have on hand ..

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_102737.jpg
    IMG_20191003_102737.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I stuck some 6 inch logs in the ground 3 years ago. Just cut them, stuck them in a hole and filled with dirt. Just now they are starting to rot a little. But not bad for making a stand for free. Can't wait to see yours.

I stuck some 6 inch logs in the ground 3 years ago. Just cut them, stuck them in a hole and filled with dirt. Just now they are starting to rot a little. But not bad for making a stand for free. Can't wait to see yours.
Cool Craig great idea, I know that logs stuck in the ground rot clean off at ground level in a couple or few years but it's only temporary, (famous last words), and even when the posts rot off at ground level it will still be standing. Will share photos soon, have a good day.

This is my "freebie" project. Im a semi retired 52 yo in N Ga. Work part time 3 days a week at a "warehouse shopping type place" to get out of the house, and they had all this warehouse shelving/racking in the loading dock. Six 14 foot support racks, 70+ red 7 foot bars that hold the wire racks for shelves. All damaged (or ugly) and replaced with new pieces over the years. I asked if I can get it out of there. Store manager said absolutely. Ive been wanting to get rid of it! Used the red bars as the uprights and turned the support racks on their side to hold the panels. Each rack holds 4 panels perfectly. I got 2 done. 3 more to go. They are also balanced well enough to hold with one hand to set the tilt based on the season. 3 positions total.1003191703_Film1.jpg

THAT is a nice rack, (err you know what I mean), very neat, strong, durable looks professional great job! I on the other hand am racing winter and a wallet on empty, (October is property tax time and if you don't fork all that is demanded by the politburo, you will be terminated, [and believe me, resistance truly is futile]! So, my racks are going to look more like what Daniel Boone built for his lead acid based solar array!

Back