diy solar

diy solar

calpha 11kpv, 10k inverter $1700

gotbeans

Solar Cooking Beans
This advanced inverter features a 110V/240 Split Phase, offering four precise voltage levels per phase: 100Vac, 105Vac, 110Vac, and 120Vac. This feature allows you to precisely tailor the output voltage to match specific needs, optimizing compatibility with various devices and applications. It provides flexibility in addressing voltage variations and ensures efficient power delivery across diverse scenarios, enhancing the overall performance and functionality of the inverter in a wide range of settings.
pretty cool

takes in 425 max volt PV only, that's the biggest downside I see.
The "open circuit PV" says 500 volts max though.. so I guess that's the same as eg4?
oh they don't parallel.. I guess THAT'S the biggest downside.

Never even heard of them, here are some other threads about their older stuff:

@Will Prowse you heard of this one?
  • Rated Power & Peak Power: Output 10kW continuous and 20kW surge power
might run your car lift lol

Last edited:
Looks interesting. It would directly replace my two Growatt 5000s & autotransformer, but i also don't see a benefit to doing so, other than a small fringe benefit of it accepting 120v input from smaller generators vs my setup only accepting 240v which sort of limits you to ~5000w+ generators.

Thanks for posting it up.

Looks interesting. It would directly replace my two Growatt 5000s & autotransformer, but i also don't see a benefit to doing so, other than a small fringe benefit of it accepting 120v input from smaller generators vs my setup only accepting 240v which sort of limits you to ~5000w+ generators.

Thanks for posting it up.
Yea since it doesn't stack/parallel I guess it's good if someone is never gonna grow their size..
The price is amazing. I wish it was stackable it'd probably push down eg4 and others prices

It looks very familiar.

@Will Prowse you heard of this one?
  • Rated Power & Peak Power: Output 10kW continuous and 20kW surge power
He reviewed something that seems clearly related design wise and had lots of trouble with it:

Whether those problems are fixed in newer versions is TBD. I would hope so since the value this could represent is quite high, but I would want others to shake it down before I bought one.

Mike C.

He reviewed something that seems clearly related design wise and had lots of trouble with it:

Whether those problems are fixed in newer versions is TBD. I would hope so since the value this could represent is quite high, but I would want others to shake it down before I bought one.

Mike C.
That one was made by Megarevo.

I'm betting the Calpa is a relabeled SRNE ASF. I feel I've been doing a fair shakedown, as well as others that have been purchasing them.

Back