diy solar

diy solar

Can i add a solar charger to y Sungoldpower all in one unit?

dahluwalia

I know weird question . I built a a solar generator on a hand cart so I thought. I have 4 22v 100 watt panels. But now I find out that my 24 v sungoldpower needs to see 120 v pv if I'm reading it right. I can't do 8 more panels right now. I was wondering if I can buy one of the light blue solar chargers to charge my batteries 2 12.8c 100ah in series in conjunction with the all in one ,and if so what settings should the unit be on

For a 24v system and 400w of panel you'd need a 20a SCC, but that leaves you with no real room to grow, and the cost difference between a 20a and a 40a is pretty small. I'm a big fan of HQST myself, there are all the Victron fanboys on here that will say "Victron or Nothing!" but I don't have that kind of money, Rich Solar is well regarded. I can't personally recommend EPEver with all the problems I've had with them, and pretty much anything with USB ports on the front is a lying POS trying to run off with your money.

Ok thanks I just a button 100/50 appt charger . Any ideal what settings I'm going to want to set the sungoldpower when using the the standalone pv charger

Back