diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

GuyG

Solar Enthusiast
I’ve been watching prices on prismatic 3.2 cells and they seem to be dropping. Just today I noticed that 18650 battery store has new pricing on EVE Grade A 280k cells: $140 each if you’re willing to wait 45 days for shipment, or $145 each for immediate shipment if you buy MOQ 16.

I think demand is down as well so the manufacturer's are responding in kind. But everyone is broke right now too... However grade B prices are out of control at the minute, almost 80% the cost of grade A.

I received the below email on April 6. Seems like a good price but MOQ of 320pcs is not going to attract many DIY buyers. There were a 2 pics attached to the email (not included here) Showing the cells with threaded studs and a QR code close up.

"This is Sophia from Basen Technology. We have EVE 3.2V 280AH on hot sale, produced in February 2023, the actual capacity are up to 290ah, Original QR code, 6000 cycle times @25℃, 0.5C, 80% DOD, 5 years warranty, MOQ 320pcs, EXW price 100USD~105USD.

If you want to place a small order to test, we can also arrange shipment for you from the EU warehouse. The delivery time is about 5-10 days.

We still have more. For more details, please contact me.

Thanks in advance!"

I'm going to build a few 24v batteries. However, I'm looking for a good source to get a 24v 100ah enclosure. Any good leads?

Of all cell sizes or LF280K specifically?
Seems like all of them have dropped a bit, but the Grade A 280ks are the ones I’ve noticed the most.

They don’t seem to stock 302s and 304s in Grade A very often.

Of all cell sizes or LF280K specifically?

280K for sure, stay away.... EVE 304 good, EVE 230 Good, 105 seems good too. REPT 280 seems bad ass both grade B or A, hell REPT Grade B is likely to give more WH/AH than grade A 280K. Also even the grade A 280k has little belly action going on :unsure:

Looks like EVE has fixed the 280K and are calling it a V3 version. They changed the terminals to an octagon. I would still stay away until they are proven.

REPT 280 seem to be far a better value, and is probably what I will be ordering in the next week or so.

Just a quick FYI... the EVE V3's are testing out at 290-294AH.
I just ordered another batch of them.
Prices HAVE come down (many vendors have kept $ up but they'll have to come down).
NOTE that Effective May-01 there is an added "Consumption Tax" for products being shipped to USA from China... It's not much but does add a few bucks to cost.

CATL, EVE, Gotion and a few others will be releasing 500-700AH Cells Q1 & Q2 2024. Additionally, the next generation of LMFP (LFP with Manganese) will become Publicly Available starting Q1 2024. At present there are a dozen battery manufacturers ramping up LMFP as well as Sodium-Ion (that's all going to the EV Space).

LMFP Tidbit:
LMFP has a weight energy density of 240 Wh/kg, a volume energy density of 525 Wh/L, a cycle life of 4000 times at room temperature, and a cycle life of 1800 times at high temperatures. NOTE TICK: Gotion Battery (VW Partner) wanted to put an LMFP Factory in Michigan for 2024 BUT is being chased away by the RedNeckers (Gotion Design Facility is in Cleveland BTW) who do not want a Clean Environment 2300 Jobs + spin-offs. Where will the new Gotion Factory end up ? Maybe another US State, possibly Mexico or it may just get added to the new Battery Factory that VW is putting into Ontario Canada... LMFP will be in POUCH & Prismatic Formats and some companies are also considering Cylindrical Format which would come later.

18650 has cut prices again. Now offering EVE LF280K Grade A for $135 with an MOQ of 16, $130 with MOQ of 100.

I think they are trying to get rid of the V2 280K cells for the new v3 version.

V2 280K test below capacity routinely so contact them to make sure these are v3.

Is cycle life affected?
Not sure, I don't think anyone has had them long enough, but enough test from grade A 280K confirmed these are marginal at best, from various vendors, luyuan, sunfun, 18650, nkon, all average around 278ish.

The v3 are supposed to be in the mid 290s like the original 280N.

I would say go with the 304 for a safe bet.

So this is interesting, SFK has 48 cell eve 304 cell pallet shipped for $7650 that comes to about $159.50/cell delivered but its coming straight form China. The interesting part is that this is exactly the price Luyuan has shipped.

HRMMMMMMM....?

I have been chatting with docan recently about getting some more cells shipped, they have ganfeng 280 @80$ and REPT 280 @ 88 usd/cell, seems not bad (+delivery from china)

I ordered 16 of the ganfeng 280 @80$ total cost with shipping from china 1565.55
40-45 day delivery after one week processing will see how it turns out..

So this is interesting, SFK has 48 cell eve 304 cell pallet shipped for $7650 that comes to about $159.50/cell delivered but its coming straight form China. The interesting part is that this is exactly the price Luyuan has shipped.

HRMMMMMMM....?
didn’t SFK comment a while back they obtained their cells from Luyaun but with their custom fancy holographic stickers?

Wouldn't be surprised if Luyuan is doing the packing/warehousing for them. This has me wondering.... the potential for a US warehouse for Luyuan where they ship out of the SFK warehouse? I think many of these shops have some type of deal going where they share warehouses on overseas/us.

Now to stir up the pot even further, you guys need to see this thread: Docan Real Grade A cells 280K with test report for $132.00 delivered & shipped from the US warehouse BUT... there is a catch: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/docan-power-us-warehouse-lf280k-review.65429/

Back