diy solar

diy solar

Configuration still ok?

reb59

Current: 2 100w renogy panels, 1 100ah 12v mighty max sla/agm battery, 1 30a renogy pwm charge controller
Adding: 1 100w renogy panel, 1 100ah 12v mighty max sla/agm battery
All above still work together ok?
Next will be renogy mppt charge controller. 30 or 40 amp?
After that will be inverter.
Appreciate any input - thanks.

The PWM controller should handle that but you are pretty much at the limits in terms current.

You will be having the batteries in parallel?

The 30 amp MPPT charger would cope but you wouldn't be leaving much expansion capability if you want to add another panel or two down the track. If expansion is likely, 40 amp would be my choice. If you move to MPPT change the panels from parallel to series for better MPPT operation.

I was exactly where you are a couple weeks ago. I upgraded to the renogy rover 40 amp, and am VERY happy with it. That's all I would change.

The PWM controller should handle that but you are pretty much at the limits in terms current.

You will be having the batteries in parallel?

The 30 amp MPPT charger would cope but you wouldn't be leaving much expansion capability if you want to add another panel or two down the track. If expansion is likely, 40 amp would be my choice. If you move to MPPT change the panels from parallel to series for better MPPT operation.
Yes, plan to do batteries in parallel - appreciate your help - thanks!

I was exactly where you are a couple weeks ago. I upgraded to the renogy rover 40 amp, and am VERY happy with it. That's all I would change.
Great, was leaning towards that cc - good to hear we are on same page and you are already using it - thanks

Back