diy solar

diy solar

Connect AC Input on Growatt 6K Inverter

rob.venable

Hi,
Total noob here...I just unboxed my Growatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV inverter and I'm trying to hook up an AC cord to the input so I can view the display and familiarize myself with the settings. Does anyone know if this can be done or do I need to hook up a battery? I tried it but it didn't work so I'm wondering if I did it wrong of if it's not possible on this unit.
I connected black - Hot 1, White - Hot 2 and green to ground. Turned on the AC Input switch and powered on the unit...but no display.
Thanks

Gotta have a battery, that's where the control voltage comes from. The AC input is just an energy source like the PV input. It doesn't even have to be a huge battery if you're just waiting on yours to arrive, as long as it hits the minimum voltage.

Hi,
Total noob here...I just unboxed my Growatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV inverter and I'm trying to hook up an AC cord to the input so I can view the display and familiarize myself with the settings. Does anyone know if this can be done or do I need to hook up a battery? I tried it but it didn't work so I'm wondering if I did it wrong of if it's not possible on this unit.
I connected black - Hot 1, White - Hot 2 and green to ground. Turned on the AC Input switch and powered on the unit...but no display.
Thanks
The input is designed for 240 volts, not 120 volts. With all due respect, based on what you just described, please consider having the install done by a qualified person. You can get an idea of the AC connections here... https://watts247.com/education/

Back