diy solar

diy solar

Connecting multiple battery together

moc

I have two DIY 5kWh battery made of 2 EG4 battery in serie (they sold extra battery as standalone battery a while ago)

I just received Renogy 48volt battery. I got 4 of them.

Should I connect my 4 identical renogy battery together in parallel on it own bus bar, and then connect it to my main bus bar where both of my other pack are connected.
Or should I connect all the six 48volt pack (renogy and my 2 DIY one), to the same bus bar ?

Thanks

Wait. Your “DIY” battery is made up of two EG4 batteries in series? Are the EG4s 24 volt or 48 volt? This can’t be right.
It two 24v pack connected in serie. They were selling the pack inside their rackmount I think.
Here the video about them :

Ahh, so you have five batteries, not six. Four Renogy 48v and one 48v that you assembled.

You could connect them either way but it seems better to connect them all to the same bus bar. Just try to make the resistance equal to each battery; that is, use equal lengths of the same gauge cable to each battery.

Ahh, so you have five batteries, not six. Four Renogy 48v and one 48v that you assembled.

You could connect them either way but it seems better to connect them all to the same bus bar. Just try to make the resistance equal to each battery; that is, use equal lengths of the same gauge cable to each battery.
I have four DIY 24volt 100ah pack, I put them in serie with a BMS, so I have two 48volt pack 100ah.
Then I just ordered four Renogy 48volt 50ah battery.

So I have a total of six 48volt pack.

In my mind, I should put my 4 Renogy battery in parallel, then connect it to the bus bar of where my 2 other 100ah battery are connected to.

My load is under 20amp at 48volt (Most of it is 8amp). Charging is also limited to under 50amp at 48volt (That is rare).

In the long term, those 4 Renogy battery will be moved to an offgrid, in the wood for telecommunication power, but in the mean time this setup is ready, I want to add it to my local pack.

If you choose to connect four Renogy batteries in parallel to a separate conductive bar and then to the main conductor bar, this will allow the Renogy batteries to form a separate group from your DIY batteries. This has the advantage of making it easier to maneuver if you need to isolate a particular battery pack for maintenance or other purposes. If you choose to connect all six groups of batteries to the same conductive bar, so they are connected in parallel. This connection increases the total capacity of the system, but you need to make sure that all the batteries have similar specifications and performance to avoid imbalances between different battery banks. When choosing a connection scheme, you need to consider factors such as voltage matching between battery packs, charging and discharging characteristics. It is recommended to make sure that the parameters of all batteries are matched before connection to avoid potential problems.

Back