diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS android app not working for me :-(

Mart Hale

I have tried two android phones and neither get by this error for location on either phone... I am able to see the device on bluetooth....

But I can't get past this error on android.

This is the app I installed.

SMART BMS_v2.0.0_apkpure.com (1).apk

1651786415632.png

I got it to work on one android.... I have Lineage OS on the other two, I had to switch from "gps" only to the top choice in location and everything now works !!!! At least now the CCP will know where to bomb ;-)

1651803323232.png

Now sadly it looks like my BMS does not do active balancing :-( sigh I got the wrong BMS.... ahh the learning curve.

You have to turn it on in the settings. But it only balances when charging. So you'll need an active balancer. I added a 5a active balancer to mine, and now I'm happy.

I did some playing around and I got the app to get past the location error by installing "Fake GPS" app on the phone....

You have to turn it on in the settings. But it only balances when charging. So you'll need an active balancer. I added a 5a active balancer to mine, and now I'm happy.
Here is the deal, I am only charging these batteries to 3.7 V. I am going for long life of the lithium ion battery. So they will not balance as the settings are. At least I am now in the app, now I will setup all of the settings of the battery, amp hours etc...... I will dig deeper into the app and see if I can find the setting. Thanks for the info, I will hook the battery up to solar and see if it keep the cells balanced. They are all very balanced as they are now.

Do you have a link to the one you purchased?

Back