diy solar

diy solar

Dave From Florence, AZ - Nomad 4-5 Months Of The Year

CommanderDave

Hello All, I'm 70 yo retired guy. AZ is my official domicile and I live here Oct - April. The rest of the year I take my 25' travel trailer to cooler climes. I installed a 960 watt system on my trailer. Because I'm budget challenged I went with 4 used 240w panels, 6 used 12v AGM VR UPS batteries, epever 24v/40amp controller and Aims 24v/3,000w pure sine inverter. Just returned to AZ from my first summers jaunt. Boondocked approximately 80% of the time. Hit me up if you have questions about my RV solar system, boondocking, wintering in AZ, or being old retired guy. Take care....daveDSCN0240.JPG20190622_162003~2.jpgDSCN0270.JPG

Welcome CommanderDave, that's some backyard you have!

Yeah....American West is a pretty big place! The desert pic is Valley of Gods, Utah. The mountain pic is Colorado's San Juan mountains just a couple of miles from entrance to Mesa Verde National Park.

Living the dream! I plan to do this in a decade or so when I retire. I'd like to see all the national parks. Nice setup!

Hello NM Will, Thanks for the shout back. I started collecting SS at age 62. That allowed me to get off the corporate squirrel cage and do a seasonal job to meet my income goals. For the 7 years I have worked summers and then be free for 8 months. This year was my first year without working a seasonal job. This trailer has my 3rd solar system that I have done. First was 100 watt PV with PWM controller. All it was good for was keeping the batteries topped off when not using the motorhome. The 2nd system was 300 watts also with PWM controller. It was better but when cloudy days or extra night use of furnance it couldn't keep up. This system, with 960 watts of PV gets the job done. Take care...dave

Back