diy solar

diy solar

DC House 12v 100ah $230 ($210)(11/22-$180)(ebay12/12$149)(ebay2/15$146)free shipping

Amazing how these things keep getting cheaper and cheaper, even with inflation. This one works out to be a couple bux cheaper than the one you linked: $226 after coupon. Edit: found another listing (appears to be the same) for just $219, no coupon. And no reviews!

I started with Battle Born, added some Safaris, and recently bought several different cheap, generic Chinese brands (with funny names like JavaEnegy)--they capacity tested nearly 5% better than advertised! Time will tell with longevity.

Last edited:
Amazing how these things keep getting cheaper and cheaper, even with inflation. This one works out to be a couple bux cheaper than the one you linked: $226 after coupon. Edit: found another listing (appears to be the same) for just $219, no coupon. And no reviews!

I started with Battle Born, added some Safaris, and recently bought several different cheap, generic Chinese brands (with funny names like JavaEnegy)--they capacity tested nearly 5% better than advertised! Time will tell with longevity.
The battery you linked, while no reviews, is showing with a $15 coupon, so it ends up about $25 less, but no reviews, and it's the slightly larger style.

Very bad reviews on amazon and according to reviews seller is saying they can't be used in series or parallel. So basically useless in the solar field I would imagine.

The DC House brand linked at the top doesn't have too many reviews, 20 or so.. I did read them before posting, most were fairly good and I assume many people may not know better. One person capacity tested at only 87.9! but also indicated they charged to 13.8v and didn't say how or with what and that was the lowest review I saw.

A 5 star reviewer tested at 105ah at 10a discharge rate but also indicated they charged to 14.6v.

This battery basically matches the eco worthy batteries and I'm assuming performance wise they are the same as well.

From one of the reviews :
Received request from seller to change my review early, so I am. Seller claimed using battery balancer could tend to shorten life of their batteries, not lengthen it. Seller also made several claims about not hooking up in parallel or series. In essence, my perception was that they were suggesting their batteries are only good for stuff like trolling motors and chicken coop lighting/ventilation. They seem to want to distance themselves from 80+% of their potential market of solar energy storage.
Counter balancing that, the batteries seem to be working fine so far.

If they can't be used in parallel or series they are about useless except as the reviewer mention as trolling motor batteries....

From one of the reviews :

If they can't be used in parallel or series they are about useless except as the reviewer mention as trolling motor batteries....
Yes I saw that review as well. The vendor page shows up to 4 in parallel and series as is the case with most of these lifepo4. But if the revewier is correct and damage occurs because of series connections, than it isn't a viable option. Not sure on why parallel connection would matter....

Reviewer doesn't indicate how they are being used, but says they are working fine? Reviewer also expects a level of support that isn't generally commensurate with such a cheap lifepo4.

Even on a lot of the trusted battery vendors there are reviews like this, but the only real way to know is to tear down. Hopefully I can share my experience if I go this route and need another 100ah for the shed (24v)

Last edited:
I actually have 2 of these dc house batteries and they tested over capacity and have been running perfectly for months now 0 issues, I was actually quite surprised due to the light weight of these things

No sir, I ordered the 100ah last night for 188.99, the 50ah is 156.99, the price definitely increased

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920_095030_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230920_095030_eBay.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 8
Nice order and find. I figure that there will be many more of these deals to come, especially from the standard 12v 100ah sizes, which aren't as usefull for the larger solar install and market.

$40 off coupon and free shipping.

Single user youtube review with no real data or numbers.

One member here got one with less than 70ah tested capacity, but than got a replacement shipped without having to ship back the underrated dud, yet... Still seems like a great deal if testing at full cap.

UPDATE: EBAY, free shipping, $149.99, and quantity discount up to buy 4 @ $142.49/ea.
EDIT: Quantity discount removed shortly after post.

Last edited:
After posting, and with more interest (ebay item watchers), price has already increased back up to $186.
What kind of games are these companies playing?

I watched one get tested and tore apart on YT but UK based. It wasn't the worst built battery i have seen personally but the BMS let the battery drain well below 10V at a 0.2 capacity test and in the UK ebay website i saw this code BUYBETTER25 which means it is 187GBP still way more than the US prices. Just thought i would put it out there for folks in UK

Back