diy solar

diy solar

DEYE 12KW with deep sea controller

mufmur

I have a Deye 12KW 3phase inverter connected to a system with grid, an ATS and a diesel genset with a deep sea controller model DSE 3110. The ATS has grid and generator and then the output goes into the grid input of the inverter. What wiring and extra devices are needed for the inverter to control when the Gen starts and stops? I have had a couple of technicians all telling me different things so I'm pretty confused.

Generator manufacturers use several different types of auto start wiring schemes. You would need to post the gen wiring diagram to determine if it is compatible with the dry contact relay on the inverter. In some cases a 2 wire to 3 wire converter is needed.

Generator manufacturers use several different types of auto start wiring schemes. You would need to post the gen wiring diagram to determine if it is compatible with the dry contact relay on the inverter. In some cases a 2 wire to 3 wire converter is needed.
Some pictures of the ATS and generator panel

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_174236.jpg
    IMG_20230823_174236.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230902_081740.jpg
    IMG_20230902_081740.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230902_081728.jpg
    IMG_20230902_081728.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230816_094035.jpg
    IMG_20230816_094035.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 9
Some pictures of the ATS and generator panel
Mysetup is similar as yours
Wat I do is when there are power cuts for short time I let the generator do his automatic change over and if needed charge the batteries tru the configurable out/inleton the inverter, made an output on the main panel of 50 A to do this.
I think it's even possible to change the generator input tru the grid connection on the inverter generator screen.
Longer power cuts I change the inverter load output to my main panel with a contactor.

Have you been in touch with DSE? I believe the DSE 3110 should be able to take a two wire start/stop signal from a controlling device (inverter, ATS, etc) to run a sequence of start functions (e.g. glow plugs on > fuel pump on > starter motor on, etc.) that will auto start the generator (called AGS or Auto Generator Start).

Regardless, the signal to start will come from the ATS or inverter and then DSE module will convert it to a sequence of events to start the generator. In my arrangement, the signal comes from the inverter and the DSE 4210 starts the 7KW Perkins/Marathon diesel genset.

Here's a link to the DSE 3110 and manuals:

Mysetup is similar as yours
Wat I do is when there are power cuts for short time I let the generator do his automatic change over and if needed charge the batteries tru the configurable out/inleton the inverter, made an output on the main panel of 50 A to do this.
I think it's even possible to change the generator input tru the grid connection on the inverter generator screen.
Longer power cuts I change the inverter load output to my main panel with a contactor.
The issue is that the area gets power cuts almost daily and sometimes lasting up to 15 hours. So it doesn't make sense that the generator is running throughout.
Yes in the Deye settings there is an option to select "GEN connected to grid input"

Have you been in touch with DSE? I believe the DSE 3110 should be able to take a two wire start/stop signal from a controlling device (inverter, ATS, etc) to run a sequence of start functions (e.g. glow plugs on > fuel pump on > starter motor on, etc.) that will auto start the generator (called AGS or Auto Generator Start).

Regardless, the signal to start will come from the ATS or inverter and then DSE module will convert it to a sequence of events to start the generator. In my arrangement, the signal comes from the inverter and the DSE 4210 starts the 7KW Perkins/Marathon diesel genset.

Here's a link to the DSE 3110 and manuals:
I got in touch with DSE, still waiting for their response

The issue is that the area gets power cuts almost daily and sometimes lasting up to 15 hours. So it doesn't make sense that the generator is running throughout.
Yes in the Deye settings there is an option to select "GEN connected to grid input"
You are running in grid assist?

Back