diy solar

diy solar

Questions about a 3Р 20кW Hybrid , SUN-20K-SG01HP3-EU-AM2 and Generator

stefan4o

Hey, there
I am happy to be a part of this community, I`ve see a lot of interesting topics here, and spending few hours of reading.
I did check the inverter manual at least twice, but some things are not completely clear with this Deye. I have some questions about this kind of 3phase hybrid inverter, mostly about the generator sticked to it as a backup.
So, we have a customer with two houses with two different power supplies (from one place though, but with different power meters - each for every house). Me and my collegue did a schematic and build some kind of analog-type automatisation about customers case. In fact when the GRID is available - the inverter and PV will supply the main house with electricity. The interesting thing is when the grid is shut down by some reason (in the winter some main grid lines has been damaged), and my customer stays all day long without any power supply (then he decides to add a generator). And... here we are.
We did connect and test all the automatisation,everything works FINE as it should (with some compromises, but there`s no way to remove it). The inverter has a 3 in/out AC ports - GRID, GEN (or SMART or MicroINV) and LOAD. As I know the GEN port is programable - e.g. you can choose to put generator supply, or use it as a smart supply or put some MicroInverter AC supply on it. And because we did use a generator (diesel 4-cylinder with ATS, AVR and etc 22kVa) main line as a "monitor" (if something wrong with the first line of supply for main house - the generator will shut down the grid connection and will switch to diesel power via ATS. The first question is - we have planning to put the backup power FROM the generator to GRID port in the inverter. Is that wrong or danger in any way for both - diesel generator and inverter? I suppose the inverter will turn on when the power supply from the generator appear on the inverter GRID ports (N+R+S+T). Is it possible both work syncronos - the generator will supply both houses with power at the same time the inverter will add power via PV panels to the main house only? This is the NON-battery scenario. For now we are not planning to add a battery. But it is possible to do so in a near future...

Generator into the grid input is an allowed configuration.

Supplying both houses with the same generator is ok too. Deye will sense when on generator, and not export. Each inverter can have its own pv.

Once you add batteries, things will get dicey. You will want the inverter to control when the generator runs. The inverters will need to be in parallel, or you run the generator manually.

Thanks for the answer. In fact, the inverter will be only one ! The generator will run only when main power supply is down - e.g. maybe once a year for a couple of hours !

Back