diy solar

diy solar

Deye and Solaredge GEN GRID ports

leleweb1979

Hi everyone, I have some question and i hope that someone can help me.
Now i have a Deye 6Kw inverter with 4,68Kw solar panels, battery box 15Kw, home connect to load port.
Deye is connected to the grid with the.. grid port :)
On the grid side i have already a Grid tie Solaredge SE6000H with 6kw of panels, this is the firs old solar system that we have install and it is the one that officially can sell power to the grid (6kw)
Now i would like to connect that Solaredge system directly to the gen port of the Deye but there are different things that are not clear for me. This is the setting screen of the gen port:

1714213351848.png

- AC Couple on grid side, AC couple on load side, GEN connected to grid input... In effect, what exactly they do?
- My Solaredge now is already on grid side. If i choose "Micro inv input" and "GEN connected on grid side" is the same that connecting Solaredge to gen port? I have also to check "AC couple on grid side" or not?
- If i connect Solaredge on GEN port and choose "Micro inv input" i haven't to check any of AC Couple on grid side, AC couple on load side, GEN connected to grid right?
- If battery and load side not requesting power, can i sell the remainig solar power of Deye and Solaredge to grid setting this values (with 6000 of max solar sell) and installing the ct on grid side?

1714213480097.png

Micro inv input. The options to the right are independent, and you didn't say you have those.

Max sell should work, but it will passthrough whatever the solaredge is outputting (when ongrid the deye cannot throttle the solaredge). So if solaredge exceeds max sell, you will export more. Which is ok since you can export whatever the solaredge produces.

Zero export to load should work. The internal CT on the grid input is all you need.

Note, you could try: keep your current setup and put a ct between the solaredge and Meter. Zero export to ct, with max sell equal to solaredge.

Last edited:
Micro inv input. The options to the right are independent, and you didn't say you have those.
I have all of them so i have to use them? wich one?

Max sell should work, but it will passthrough whatever the solaredge is outputting (when ongrid the deye cannot throttle the solaredge). So if solaredge exceeds max sell, you will export more. Which is ok since you can export whatever the solaredge produces.

But if I: select Zero export to ct + solar sell + set max solar sell to 6000w + install the ct on the grid connection, in case:
- Solaredge produces 6000 and Deye 4000, tecnically on the grid should go 10000 but with the CT that check this value, it shoul limit at least the Deye so il will export 6000 for the solaredge and 0 for the Deye (or whatever similar) to stay in the limit of 6000w. Right?
Zero export to load should work. The internal CT on the grid input is all you need.

I don't understand this or may be yes but i don't undestand how can export to the grid with the limit of 6000w

Note, you could try: keep your current setup and put a ct between the solaredge and Meter. Zero export to ct, with max sell equal to solaredge.

This also i don't understand, Ct between solaredge and wich meter? Zero export to ct, with max sell equal to solaredge?

I have all of them so i have to use them? wich one?
If you have all of them, then check them all.
AC PV on grid, check the box.
AC PV into your loads panel, check the box.
Generator on grid input, check the box.
Etc.

But if I: select Zero export to ct + solar sell + set max solar sell to 6000w + install the ct on the grid connection, in case:
- Solaredge produces 6000 and Deye 4000, tecnically on the grid should go 10000 but with the CT that check this value, it shoul limit at least the Deye so il will export 6000 for the solaredge and 0 for the Deye (or whatever similar) to stay in the limit of 6000w. Right?

No. Solaredge will produce whatever it can. Deye will reduce its production to zero to limit output. Deye cannot control solaredge while on grid.

I don't understand this or may be yes but i don't undestand how can export to the grid with the limit of 6000w

Me thinks you need a better understanding of the basics before you try to do advanced controlling.
This also i don't understand, Ct between solaredge and wich meter? Zero export to ct, with max sell equal to solaredge?
Electric meter

My objective is to use the solaredge power to first charg the battery so i whould like to have a setup that permit this

Back