diy solar

diy solar

Do setting persist after Power loss? and Rated Solar Questions

DENWA

Recently bought this:

I was wondering after reading manual and watching the Videos:

1. If ALL power is dropped ( no grid and Battery dies at night) will it lose all of its settings? I plan on using for a remote applications and would be 5 hours away if it stops working. I would have to go reprogram it?

2. Its datasheet says solar rating 500W that's it! This is becoming a PEEVE of mine! SO I cannot imagine it will blow up at 505W or even 600W correct?
What kind of company builds the input MPPT to blow itself up if too much current available?
SO is this math correct?

500W/ MPPT min of 15V = 33.33333Amps should be OK for the system?

I have <750W Array /30V @ MPPT = 25Amps and should still be ok?

1572598040651.png

Recently bought this:

I was wondering after reading manual and watching the Videos:

1. If ALL power is dropped ( no grid and Battery dies at night) will it lose all of its settings? I plan on using for a remote applications and would be 5 hours away if it stops working. I would have to go reprogram it?

2. Its datasheet says solar rating 500W that's it! This is becoming a PEEVE of mine! SO I cannot imagine it will blow up at 505W or even 600W correct?
What kind of company builds the input MPPT to blow itself up if too much current available?
SO is this math correct?

500W/ MPPT min of 15V = 33.33333Amps should be OK for the system?

I have <750W Array /30V @ MPPT = 25Amps and should still be ok?

View attachment 1617
Yes it will save its settings, power failure does not matter, you can connect as many watts of Solar your heart desires, but the units can only draw what the battery charging current is set to in the settings.
Adding more than 500W solar will just give you 500W max charging power for longer as the Sun rises and sets, a 500W panel system only gets full sun for perhaps 3 to 4 hours a day, and then dropps off, but is you had more Panels you would have this peak charging for more hours of the day.

Just make sure you don't exceed 80V Vmpp (If you go above that it will stop charging, above 102VDC Voc and you start causing damage

All the best
Ian

Ian,

thanks so much for the reply. I have received the unit in the mail. As soon as I get back home I will be opening it and getting started.

Glad we have you on this forum.

Yes it will save its settings, power failure does not matter, you can connect as many watts of Solar your heart desires, but the units can only draw what the battery charging current is set to in the settings.
Adding more than 500W solar will just give you 500W max charging power for longer as the Sun rises and sets, a 500W panel system only gets full sun for perhaps 3 to 4 hours a day, and then dropps off, but is you had more Panels you would have this peak charging for more hours of the day.

Just make sure you don't exceed 80V Vmpp (If you go above that it will stop charging, above 102VDC Voc and you start causing damage

All the best
Ian

Hello Ian, could I put two of these CS3U-375MB-FG in series without causing damage to the 800W 12V PIP?

If it was me, with a VMP of 39.6 V each x 2 is 79.2V And thats at room temperature, if it were me, I would connect them in parallel (Max working input voltage on this unit is 80V, so no. I would not)

Back