diy solar

diy solar

Do the 80v ryobi mowers suck?

30" deck would suck but I'm used to a 60".

Replacement diy batteries might not be as simple.

Check Craigslist and marketplace...

A friend has one that is starting it's 3rd summer. He's mentioned that the AGM batteries are already on thier way out and he's been super keen to charge as needed and keep them float charger during the winter. Blades are pretty flimsy and often to hard to get replacements should you have strike the ruins one. He's now talking about building a new pack from LFP. We've found some nice cells on Battery Hook UP.

My 60" ZTR was out of commission for a few weeks last summer so I borrowed it once and to be honest I really liked it. It took me longer to mow my almost 2 acres (really) but certainly not 2x's as long.

A friend has one that is starting it's 3rd summer. He's mentioned that the AGM batteries are already on thier way out and he's been super keen to charge as needed and keep them float charger during the winter. Blades are pretty flimsy and often to hard to get replacements should you have strike the ruins one. He's now talking about building a new pack from LFP. We've found some nice cells on Battery Hook UP.

My 60" ZTR was out of commission for a few weeks last summer so I borrowed it once and to be honest I really liked it. It took me longer to mow my almost 2 acres (really) but certainly not 2x's as long.
80V is lithium ion.
Briefcase batteries.
Odd that they are discounted 2000.00 already, they just came out last year.

That's a great price for a lithium ZTR. I paid $5k for my Ego 42". It is fantastic but that Ryobi is $2000 less. The problem with a 30" deck is trying to get close enough to things to cut without requiring weed whacker follow up. My neighbor had a 30" ZTR and got rid of it because of that. He just hired a lawn service so has no problems now. :)

That's a great price for a lithium ZTR. I paid $5k for my Ego 42". It is fantastic but that Ryobi is $2000 less. The problem with a 30" deck is trying to get close enough to things to cut without requiring weed whacker follow up. My neighbor had a 30" ZTR and got rid of it because of that. He just hired a lawn service so has no problems now. :)
Yes, i did notice the deck was practically under the frame of the mower...

I like my 54" agm so far...
I wish I had gotten the 54" Ego. 54" is the perfect size I think. My yard is only 1/2 acre so it was hard enough justifying the Ego to my wife.

I only have one gas powered non car left: the big pressure washer. Still can't beat a giant gas pressure washer even with a plug in pressure washer (I have two of those and they just can't do what the gas one can).

I was looking at these the other day at Home Depot as well. I'm not a buyer right now, but my 20+ year old Toro zero turn isn't long for the world. I probably mow 1.5-2 acres when it's all said and done (between around the house, the driveway, along the roadside and my fruit orchard). And its not level ground either, so I'm hesitant to really look into these electric zero turns.

Back