diy solar

diy solar

Do you always cringe when you see your packages are shipped through FedEx?

Skypower

Solar Wizard
Always late, packages shipped out at the same time arrive up to three different deliveries. Delayed exception usually means lost or you’re going to be picking it up at god knows where three days later. Oh lord not again. BOHICA

I'm some-what happy when things are shipped UPS. USPS is eh, its fine, but when I see something shipped FedEx, i know its going to be a nightmare.

Very rarely do I have a half-way decent experience with FedEx. There are even occasions when ordering something online, if the seller only ships through FedEx, I will search for another seller of the same product, even if its a little more expensive.

They are all getting worse. UPS won't deliver if it rains or snows. Fed-EX new driver of the month always delivers packages to the wrong address. USPS is very good if the regular old fellow is on route but his heart is failing and half the time there is a substitute that likes to put my packages into the neighbors large mail box since my standard one is too small. Though some times she/he delivers to a vacant hunting cabin about a half mile away instead. The old guy drives down to my house to deliver.

The UPS driver this last week after having 3 days of non delivery due to rain commented to me that he does not dare drive when it is possible to get stuck. I replied that if he did out this way that I would go pull him out (done this in the past to many delivery trucks and other folks) he said that he has to now call in a wrecker since the company does not allow just anyone to tow out the vehicle. And that they know when a truck is stuck because they monitor how long it sits in one location. They are flagging roads that a problem happens so in the future they either do not deliver in inclement weather or they remove the road from being one that they will deliver to.

I just got a new FedEx driver on my route.
He's doing great. I hope that he lasts.
FedEx used to be my second least favorite option.
If DHL is the only option, I won't buy the product.

Fedex is the worst for us. UPS and USPS are excellent where we are. Fedex lies about why they didn't deliver, so many BS exceptions. Packages are usually mangled. I got a package one day in good shape, I told the guy he forgot to drive over it.

Fedex is the worst for us. UPS and USPS are excellent where we are. Fedex lies about why they didn't deliver, so many BS exceptions. Packages are usually mangled. I got a package one day in good shape, I told the guy he forgot to drive over it.

They are really good at seeing the future; here’s a screenshot, note the time of my phone at the top, note the time they said they tried to deliver. Hint, didn’t happen yet. I’ve been sitting here listening to anything that sounds like a truck and my nest cameras are armed and not triggered.IMG_0678.png

I have my packages delivered to a neighbor's address about 1 block from me. They can't find my house, but they find that house every time. I go with what works.

They are really good at seeing the future; here’s a screenshot, note the time of my phone at the top, note the time they said they tried to deliver. Hint, didn’t happen yet. I’ve been sitting here listening to anything that sounds like a truck and my nest cameras are armed and not triggered.View attachment 150069
They can see the future.
And know that they will go to the wrong address. lol

More often than not, FedEx causes severe grief and delays. USPS and UPS gets it done.

Anything by Signature Solar and ABF Freight is at my driveway the next day with a lift gate trailer and pallet jack. I wish all deliveries were like that!

The problem isn't FedEx itself and yes I cringe when its FedEx that's handling my packages.

The problem is FedEx using 3rd parties to handle a bunch of their stuff. If the packages stay with real FedEx employees the entire trip its not that bad but FedEx subcontracts so much they don't know where your package is most of the time. I had one 3rd party take a server I ordered home with them for a weekend once when they couldn't get to the delivery that day. Was funny watching FedEx try to explain to me why they didn't know exactly where it was.

I just got a new FedEx driver on my route.
He's doing great. I hope that he lasts.
FedEx used to be my second least favorite option.
If DHL is the only option, I won't buy the product.
Being rural here our "DHL" driver is always going to be some old guy in his personal car/crossover vehicle with a magnetic dhl sticker on the door :)

Nice enough folks to talk to but doesn't instill confidence.....

I have been having rotten luck with them for years.
I agree. During the early part of the Pandemic a package shipped throuh UPS spent days in the UPS depot even though it said it was out for delivery. The explanation is that they would load it then when the truck got full they would pull it because it was bulky and they could get more smaller packages on the truck by removing it. The delivery information was not updated until the next day when it was rinse and repeat until I finally went to the depot to pick it up. It was a metal cabinet and had a small dent in the corner which did not hurt its functionality as a paint storage cabinet.

I agree. During the early part of the Pandemic a package shipped throuh UPS spent days in the UPS depot even though it said it was out for delivery. The explanation is that they would load it then when the truck got full they would pull it because it was bulky and they could get more smaller packages on the truck by removing it. The delivery information was not updated until the next day when it was rinse and repeat until I finally went to the depot to pick it up. It was a metal cabinet and had a small dent in the corner which did not hurt its functionality as a paint storage cabinet.
About the same happened to me back then. I had a bunch of batteries delivered(like now) they actually didn’t know that they had actually delivered two boxes. (Yes I did tell them they had) They had sub’d out delivery and rented vans and were just short of throwing things out. If they only had known what they were hauling. I got everything over the course of 5 days and had to make a depot pickup.

They are really good at seeing the future; here’s a screenshot, note the time of my phone at the top, note the time they said they tried to deliver. Hint, didn’t happen yet. I’ve been sitting here listening to anything that sounds like a truck and my nest cameras are armed and not triggered.View attachment 150069
I have had them try that crap before.
I even sent them a 2 hour video of my driveway hour before and hour after the time they said the tried delivery.

Always late, packages shipped out at the same time arrive up to three different deliveries. Delayed exception usually means lost or you’re going to be picking it up at god knows where three days later. Oh lord not again. BOHICA
FedEX leaves my packages exposed to full view and weather when they could be placed on my porch out of view and protected from theft and weather...?

I used to have good FedEx experiences and preferred them over UPS.

WELL, where we're at now it depends on the day. The one "fedex" guy we sometimes get has had a tendency to back his truck into the driveway and literally kick the package out the back door and leave it where it landed. Or, one time I watched him drive by, pause, then drive on, and my tracking updated with an "exception" - found out the next day (delivered by a different guy) he wrote on the box he couldn't deliver because there was no room in the driveway for his truck. Like really? Everyone else just parks briefly at the base of the driveway and carries the package up. The dork.

Haven't seen that goon lately though, maybe he got transferred or canned.

Now all that said, UPS sat on a package for me for 3 days in NV last week for no explanation. Oh well.

Back