diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 24 volt 6000 watt sine wave Inverter

Chadd

Good afternoon.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 24 volt 6000 watt sine wave Inverter

Or two 3000 watt that can be used in parallel.

There are several online that state 6000 continues power, but who to believe : )

I have not been able to find one with a user recommendation.

Using a Renogy 3000 watt 12 volt at the moment.

It is OK but I wish to change to 24 volt for lower current and to release more power from the charge converters.

Thank you for your time : )

God Bless Chadd

Last edited:
Everyone's moving on to 48v, but the Conext 4024 is probably the best there is if you're committed to 24v.

It will do peak 6k but I don't know for how long.

Thank you I will take a look.

I have four charge converters that are 12 or 24, so rather than replacing those as well will stay with 24 for now. : )

Added : - Not what I was looking for as only 3500.

Last edited:
My only suggestion is when doing a search you will find more options if you query for "sine wave" instead of "sign wave".

You would likely have to go to an AIO or some of the inverter/chargers to get parallel capability. I do not know if you looked at ATO (Inverter.com) but they do sell a 24vDC to 6000w PSW. I have zero experience with their quality but they do claim to have a 1 year Warranty. https://www.inverter.com/24v-6000-watt-pure-sine-wave-inverter#quickTab-specifications

I would be rather leery of using 24vDC for much more than 4000w output.

You would likely have to go to an AIO or some of the inverter/chargers to get parallel capability. I do not know if you looked at ATO (Inverter.com) but they do sell a 24vDC to 6000w PSW. I have zero experience with their quality but they do claim to have a 1 year Warranty. https://www.inverter.com/24v-6000-watt-pure-sine-wave-inverter#quickTab-specifications

I would be rather leery of using 24vDC for much more than 4000w output.
Thank you yes it looks good spec but as this one 1. WZRELB 6000W DC to AC pure sine wave inverter generator, 6000W continuous power, 12000W peak power, I can not find a satisfied user.
Just hoping someone on the forum had a 24 volt 6000 watt inverter in regular use, that had lived up to its spec.
Regards Chadd

I've been thinking at buying one myself, take look at the search on the forum
Thank you, lots of reading at that URL, I had searched on Google and the forum on 6000 watt 24 volts with little results.

Missed the model number for some reason : )

It does look as if its surge capabilities are not as good as some.

Looking at all that my Renogy 3000W 12 Volt is not doing too bad : )

It runs house LED lights, 2 x fridge freezers, 750W microwave, an air fryer, 65inch TV and computers all at the same time.

It cut out on a BW laser printer and a 1800 watt heat press when the microwave was started.

In my radio workshop vintage radios and test gear run fine, one frequency counter is a bit unreliable on reading with it

Maybe I should get another 3000w Renogy and split the load to the heat press,

I like the idea of 24 volts though so the charge converters can max out on the panels.

Some more research is required.

Thank you all for all the information : )

Thank you, lots of reading at that URL, I had searched on Google and the forum on 6000 watt 24 volts with little results.

Missed the model number for some reason : )

It does look as if its surge capabilities are not as good as some.

Looking at all that my Renogy 3000W 12 Volt is not doing too bad : )

It runs house LED lights, 2 x fridge freezers, 750W microwave, an air fryer, 65inch TV and computers all at the same time.

It cut out on a BW laser printer and a 1800 watt heat press when the microwave was started.

In my radio workshop vintage radios and test gear run fine, one frequency counter is a bit unreliable on reading with it

Maybe I should get another 3000w Renogy and split the load to the heat press,

I like the idea of 24 volts though so the charge converters can max out on the panels.

Some more research is required.

Thank you all for all the information : )

Interesting, I'd definitely be going 24v or 48v for 6kw of inverter(s)

6kw @ 12v is 500 amps so massive cables needed, as apposed to 250amps @ 24v.

Renogys reputation isn't much better than WZREBL , (unless you're counting bogus trust pilot reviews lol)

What country are you in please?

Last edited:
Ive done 12v, 24v and 48v.

The battery cost up front is the only downside I found to moving up in voltage.

But the savings in cable size and reasonable distances between inverter and batteries make going up in voltage a win for me.

If I was starting from scratch again which I just did not long ago I would have to go 48 volt even if that required buying more batteries.

If you go 48v you can get a good deal on an aio so with that one unit you've upgraded charge controller, inverter and all.

Interesting, I'd definitely be going 24v or 48v for 6kw of inverter(s)

6kw @ 12v is 500 amps so massive cables needed, as apposed to 250amps @ 24v.

Renogys reputation isn't much better than WZREBL , (unless you're counting bogus trust pilot reviews lol)

What country are you in please?
We live by the sea in Cornwall UK and it is a beautiful day today. : )

We have six 340 panels, four are Luxer and two JA, all facing due south on a balcony.

Also one 190 used panel that facing west, that catches the evening sun over the sea very well.

The six panels are connected in pairs to three 40 amp Epever charge controllers, the 190 to Epever 30 amp.

Eight cheap 130 amp leisure lead acid batteries : )

My first installation about September last year, been in radio and electronics since 1961, but this is all new to me and great fun I must say.

All I can say about Renogy is it is the devil I know good or bad, so far it has worked OK apart from interference on shortwave : )

Last edited:
Ive done 12v, 24v and 48v.

The battery cost up front is the only downside I found to moving up in voltage.

But the savings in cable size and reasonable distances between inverter and batteries make going up in voltage a win for me.

If I was starting from scratch again which I just did not long ago I would have to go 48 volt even if that required buying more batteries.

If you go 48v you can get a good deal on an aio so with that one unit you've upgraded charge controller, inverter and all.
Lower current does sound good I have eight battery's so series parallel would be simple to switch to.

Eight cheap 130 amp leisure lead acid batteries : )

My first installation about September last year, been in radio and electronics since 1961, but this is all new to me and great fun I must say.

All I can say about Renogy is it is the devil I know good or bad, so far it has worked OK apart from interference on shortwave : )

Sounds good fun mate , I'm not too far from you the other side of the Bristol channel in wales

How are those batteries wired up have you got a good balance? You can test by voltage drop under consistent load on each battery ,

or more accurately a DC rated clamp/amp meter on each cable, should be within 10% of each other, closer the better. Better they're balanced the longer they'll last

Victron Quattro Models: 3000VA, 5000VA, 8000VA, 10000VA, 15000VA
These can be paralleled up to 6 Units.
These are Pure Sine, Low Frequency and extremely capable.

1685275964409.png

Victron Quattro Models: 3000VA, 5000VA, 8000VA, 10000VA, 15000VA
These can be paralleled up to 6 Units.
These are Pure Sine, Low Frequency and extremely capable.

View attachment 150913

Will look further into Victron Quattro nice video lovely young lady as well : ) Thank you.

Just hoping someone on the forum had a 24 volt 6000 watt inverter in regular use, that had lived up to its spec.
Regards Chadd
It is a rather unlikely use case for most people. There is also theh fact that many mobile setups will not have sufficent battery capacity to attempt loading at such a high wattage.

I will say that the majority of mobile inverters out there are hopelessly over rated as to what they can actually produce.

Back