diy solar

diy solar

Dr Prepare charging from cigarette lighter

Stache

Just got one with hub. Don’t want to be stuck if hub goes out. I have an older Kodiak that works great and have 12v charger for it. Anyone know if I can use that charger on the Dr Prepare? Could make an adapter on it to the Anderson plug.
Also, any problem with building a 12v outlet and connecting directly to Prepare posts?
Thanks everyone ?

IMG_2690.jpeg
Dr Prepare power station…
I would like to connect this directly to terminals on the

IMG_2730.jpeg
Connect directly to battery terminals…..

IMG_2732.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

12v charger…..

IMG_2732.jpeg

I would use an adapter to plug charger into the Anderson port…..

Thank you guys/gals.

Are you trying to charge the Dr. Prepare battery with that charger, or charge something (Kodak == camera?) from the Dr. Prepare battery?

The charger looks to me as if it does the latter. I don't have that battery, but I've watched a lot of videos on it. I believe you can do either options that you suggest, i.e. (a) ring-terminal-to-cigarette-lighter adapter off the main terminals, or (2) Anderson Powerpole to cigarette lighter adapter.

Are you trying to charge the Dr. Prepare battery with that charger, or charge something (Kodak == camera?) from the Dr. Prepare battery?

The charger looks to me as if it does the latter. I don't have that battery, but I've watched a lot of videos on it. I believe you can do either options that you suggest, i.e. (a) ring-terminal-to-cigarette-lighter adapter off the main terminals, or (2) Anderson Powerpole to cigarette lighter adapter.
IMG_2752.png

What are the input and output voltages of that charger? I cannot tell from the picture. The cable is covering those values.

Also that charger looks like it draws from the cigarette male plug and outputs to a DC 5521 or similar plug. Correct?

Thank you for responding……the charger is male 12v cigarette to DC 5525 which charges a different power station (Kodiak).
But I was hoping to directly charge (through the posts) with male to male cord.

Attachments

• IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    675.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 4
Sorry, I don't follow. Your first post indicated using a charger on the Dr. Prepare. Are you now indicating you want to connect another battery, or the Kodiak unit, directly to the Dr. Prepare via terminal-to-terminal?

So I've read your posts several times now and think I have another interpretation. Are you asking if you can connect the charger input (male cigarette) directly to the Dr. Prepare? That way you can charge the Kodiak from the Dr. Prepare.

If that is what you want, then the Amazon cable should work.

Back