diy solar

diy solar

Easun (and others) 6048 charger smart interface

So, i tried to use ESP hw serial port (GPIO3 as RX) and it works much better than SW serial. I'm getting valid data almost every second. In my test setup max charging current is around 6A and in this interval (0A - 6A or 0W - 70W) the readings are ok. I will test it later in real world scenario where i have 48V battery and 1600W solar panel.
I see there is a 3.3V on the LCD, do you know if it is enough to power the ESP?
yes,
in my test that works good - see post from 1st of January - my ESP is taped to the charger.

Only one. I mean one in production and one spare. This one is the spare and it will replace the one in production in the near future. The production MPPT is a PowMr, i will inspect it if it uses the same communication protocol.
Thanks for the idea and for your work to decode the data communication between the chassis and lcd!

So, today I put my "smart" Easun MPPT in production, and it's sending live data via MQTT as the charging current changes or every 3 minutes.

So far, so good.
1706375503842.png

That is amazing - you made it working faster than me :p !
I need to finish my Tuya cloud cutting with OpenBeken tonighit and move with the monitoring project

Attachments

• tuyaCloudCutting.jpg
    tuyaCloudCutting.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 8
I had luck yesterday, no sunshine at all, so i could make the swap without losing solar energy. The next task would be to verify if my original MPPT (which looks the same as Easun but it's branded PowMR) uses the same protocol. It could be different as the menu and the displayed informations are not 100% the same, for instance it displays incoming solar power not just voltage.
You need to reflash all those MCUs? I prefer to buy Tasmota compatible devices or ones which has pin compatible Tuya MCUs with ESP12 so i can make a swap (like Tuya WBR3 -> ESP12F).

I had luck yesterday, no sunshine at all, so i could make the swap without losing solar energy. The next task would be to verify if my original MPPT (which looks the same as Easun but it's branded PowMR) uses the same protocol. It could be different as the menu and the displayed informations are not 100% the same, for instance it displays incoming solar power not just voltage.
You need to reflash all those MCUs? I prefer to buy Tasmota compatible devices or ones which has pin compatible Tuya MCUs with ESP12 so i can make a swap (like Tuya WBR3 -> ESP12F).
I made a decision to reflash them all. It is one-off operation. What cameout of this operatin that some of the sockets are using esp8266, but the firmware was upgraded so was not able to do cloudcutter on them.
For ESP will use ESPHome, as was struggilng with Tasmota to get the devices configured (like relay pin was not provided on the config screen).

The goal of this is to dynamically switch on my second inverter during a day time, or swich invertes during night time, so the socket need to ask HomeAssistant if a particular load (2kW kettle, grill or other stuff) can be switched on. It is a kind of crazy setup, but we need to save energy especialy in winter time.

hey
I had to re-do my board as did it without proper electrical connections
Tonight I installed it - and will be working on nice dash to see how it is going.
But for now my 6 charge controllers are visible in Home Assistant.
1708901485639.pngeasunForwarder.jpg

Hmm, why not just ask the manufacturer for the modbus protocol ? Or maybe I am just missing something .

Attachments

• MPPT MODBUS Protocol - English Version.pdf
    467.1 KB · Views: 5
Back