diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta2 max DC output question

galadhlynn

Hello,
I am currently building an off road cargo trailer conversion. For power I am using an Ecoflow Delta 2 max together with a 2,500watt gas/lpg generator mounted on the front of the trailer and a 30amp ac shore power plug. Down the road my goal is to add 800 watts of solar on the roof. My goal is to keep the power system simple and inexpensive. I am mounting a two slot, four circuit breaker box above where the Ecoflow is installed (right front corner of the trailer). This is also where the 30amp shore power enters the trailer as well. All of my lighting (exterior and interior) is DC LEDs. It does not appear that the DC output port on the Ecoflow is sufficient to connect the full lighting circuit to. Optimally, I would like to have two plugs (ac 30 amp and DC?amp) that plug into the Ecoflow.
Question:
What is the simplest way to connect the entire DC lighting circuit to the Ecoflow with one plug?
With my AC, should the Ecoflow be down, I can either plug the shorepower into my AC breaker box, or plug the gas/lpg generator into the breaker box. I am assuming that for the DC circuit, I will need an AC to DC inverter. This would allow me to also plug the DC circuit into either the shorpower or the gas/lpg generator.
Thanks for the assist.

I have an D2M which I use primarily for ac loads, but also as dc backup for an LFP battery. Unfortunately the D2M 12v output is limited to 10 amps through its 12v outlet. However 10 amps should be enough to run all your dc loads (10amps x 12volts = 120watts. If your dc loads exceed 120w total, you’ll have to use one of the ac outlets to power a small ac to dc converter, like this one which will give you an additional 120w : BGFOX AC to DC Converter, 10A/120W/8.63FT 100V-240V to 12V Converter Car Cigarette Lighter Socket AC/DC Power Supply Adapter for Inflator, Car Vacuum Cleaner, Car Refrigerator, etc. https://a.co/d/1vekDjh

You can get a splitter to power more than one dc load, but the best and safest way is to wire a dc source to bare wire to a fuse block. The fuse block can power several dc circuits with different size blade fuses. It should be grounded to chassis. For more power than the above small converter, wire in a bigger converter from an ac outlet to the fuse block, like this one: IMAYCC 600W SMPS AC to DC Converter 12V Power Supply 110V to 12V Converter Transformer Max Current 50A https://a.co/d/5TMPlLW

Usually the ecoflows and bluetti units are designed mostly for 120 vac output and really just a nominal amount of regulated 12 volt.

If you need more than 10 - 15 amps of 12 volt, the usual method is to buy a 120 vac to 12 volt converter and feed that into a DC distribution box - or a pre-made version like are used in RVs.

The nature of how they are built, they are just not intended for significant 12 volt DC use.

Usually the ecoflows and bluetti units are designed mostly for 120 vac output and really just a nominal amount of regulated 12 volt.

If you need more than 10 - 15 amps of 12 volt, the usual method is to buy a 120 vac to 12 volt converter and feed that into a DC distribution box - or a pre-made version like are used in RVs.

The nature of how they are built, they are just not intended for significant 12 volt DC use.

🤔🤔

Maybe that is why I have never purchased one 😜

@galadhlynn
Here. Video on running all dc power, lights etc, from one plug on a power station. Also some notes on what makes a good power station for truck or small mobile setups, 30A 12v ports etc.

Here is my thread at ExpeditionPortal on best power stations for truck camping where 12v needs exceed 10A. Applies to your situation.

Back