diy solar

diy solar

EDECOA Hybrid Inverter 48V 3000W any good

bugsb

want to upgrade a bit at some point and if these are any good it would be perfect for my needs but will it at least hold at 2500w out put befor shutting down

Seagal the matchmaker here ;).... IIRC @SamG340 - also in the UK - has one of that brand. Maybe he has some direct experience?

I would assume a 3000W inverter can run at that load continually.

Yes I have the 5500w 48v , it is fantastic for the money

I did order the 3000w / 24v , it arrived but with issues and errors , Edecoa customer service was good and gave me a full refund on return, no troubles .

I'm sure it was just a bad unit and others will be fine , I haven't bought the replacement yet but I feel confident buying from Edecoa

SamG340

About Edecoa
Any fan noise ?
What's the standing consumption of the inverter?
For example Growatt 5kw has standing consumption 70watts,,, just to have open the inverter when solis and Victron have less than 5watts

SamG340

About Edecoa
Any fan noise ?
What's the standing consumption of the inverter?
For example Growatt 5kw has standing consumption 70watts,,, just to have open the inverter when solis and Victron have less than 5watts

Fan noise surprisingly quiet even under load . I'm happy to be in the room with it running

54ws according to my victron shunt , power saving standby mode OFF

Hope that's helps!

Screenshot_2023-09-23-15-28-12-249-edit_com.victronenergy.victronconnect.jpg

victron shunt, that's clever , where did you connect it ?
Does the inverter Edecoa have any app or web interface ?
Is it compatible with Seplos or JK BMS ? what's your setup ?
Any pictures
Thank you

victron shunt, that's clever , where did you connect it ?
Does the inverter Edecoa have any app or web interface ?
Is it compatible with Seplos or JK BMS ? what's your setup ?
Any pictures
Thank you
Victron shunt was just about the most expensive piece of equipment in my step up lmao (bmv-712)

Shunt sits between the negative battery busbar (block) and the rest of the system, monitoring amps in Vs amps out

Not aware of any communication available on the Edecoa , , I don't know if you can given hook it up to a PC , not looked . Also not sure on BMS compatibility (but I'd assume not ! )

My off grid system, 48v, 3.4kw of solar (most east facing, some south) , TriStar PWM 60a , 15kwh of AGM batteries (ex UPS)& the edicona 5.5kwh all in one inverter

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_172352.jpg
    IMG_20230923_172352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230923_172402.jpg
    IMG_20230923_172402.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 19
You'll have to forgive my redneck wiring ..!

My edecona is sat in the wrong place right now, needs moving away from the fuse box ,.it's warming up one of the cables by it's vent

Thank you for your pictures and the answers, you helped me a lot.
I don't think I will go for it as it is not suporting comunication with BMS
The price is amazing but only for small projects like.

just looking at one the ( still looking)

EDECOA 4200VA Solar Hybrid Inverter 55-450VDC​

i have a iconica 2000w at the moment 2000w being the joke it cuts out at 1000w (approx), so i was looking to upgrade i only have max 1.400w solar power as thats the max the other thing can take , but not sure if i am ok with the min 55v input the edeco needs
panels are

LONGi Solar Hi-MO 5m 400WP Full Black PV Module LR5-54HIB-400M​

noct
vmp/v 29v
voc/v 34v
stc
vmp/v 31v
voc/v 37v

Last edited:
still keep coming back to the unit above as it gives me a 50% buffer for future poss upgrades , have to find the cash to upgrade to a larger batt pack first , but at the same time keep an eye out for any deals on the unit and be able to grab a bargain

an offer i could not refuse came up for a eco-wothy 3000w hybrid inverter , its output already leaves the more exspensive iconica inverter behind, and as other thread am testing some power safe batteries for my setup

Hi Help needed ( first post )
i need a manual for a Edecoa em-302a.
i have tried downloading it from there website but cant find it.
it did come with a user manual but its too small for me to read.
i cant seem to get the unit to connect via the usb cable it came with and its asking for a password.thanks for any advice

not sure what model number mine is but will check , will also ask the seller i bought mine from if they have a link for a bible ,

Hi Help needed ( first post )
i need a manual for a Edecoa em-302a.
i have tried downloading it from there website but cant find it.
it did come with a user manual but its too small for me to read.
i cant seem to get the unit to connect via the usb cable it came with and its asking for a password.thanks for any advice

Welcome! Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best... ;)

shopping

Back