diy solar

diy solar

EEL Experience

Has many people on this group got boxes from EEL. I have ordered twice and both came damaged they don't seem to offer a return or a part refund to keep them. They have grey vertical boxes I would like one but I feared of the damage that will occure.

Has many people on this group got boxes from EEL. I have ordered twice and both came damaged they don't seem to offer a return or a part refund to keep them. They have grey vertical boxes I would like one but I feared of the damage that will occure.
I have 2-v2 boxes that didn’t have any damage or missing parts. I count myself lucky as when I ordered it seems many others had similar issues to you.
But I keep going to them for price and convenience

Convenience is my one for them. As I can get them in 5 days. The matte grey looks brilliant. My last box had a fuse missing but I borrowed one out of an old seplos box I had to the part arrived. And the neey balancer holder is also great thinking.

My two v3 cases came in pristine condition, no parts missing. The cells however was bloated and swollen. I placed a second order of two more cases (without cells this time). Will recieve them shortly, hope all is ok.

Oh sod it! Just finished the top balancing and found one of the welds on the terminals is cracked and it's loose. I was very careful and only did the bolts up to 4Nm during balancing.

IMG_1495-edited.jpg

Last edited:
Got my cells Dec 20th and luckily even after being away over Christmas I still managed to get to the stage of finding this problem before the 30 day post delivery date cutoff period was up. The only mention of warranty is you have a 30 day return to base option after purchase. It says they won't ship a replacement until they get yours back. Return shipping is at your expense! Of course they ship in unmarked boxes and China to Australia is a lot cheaper than Australia to China (in a properly marked box). So very unfavourable warranty terms.

I'm wondering if they don't replace it, or expect me to return the cell, or I can't find someone to laser weld it, could I tap and helicoil the centre of the terminal and just bolt down the dual bolt terminal? If that worked might not be a bad idea to do all of them.

So, i got my last two cases, both is missing the active balancer and the cables for it. Anyone who knows where i might be able to buy just the cables for the balancer (all ready got other balancers, but not the cables).

Finally got a response after being ignored for 9 days, but only after filing a PayPal claim. There's all sorts of sweet talk about quality and customers satisfaction on the site, but the reality is very different.

Their solution is to drill 4mm into the terminal and screw it down (as in the picture below they sent). No mention of helicoil (which was my thought if there was no other option, but with a washer big enough to cover the whole area in the depression). 4mm sounds very shallow and would that even hold? I had thought 6mm as I'd seen mention of that by people fixing broken studs threads.

They said this:
'or do you want to buy anything else?
2pcs cells are not enough to ship to Australia by sea.'

I don't know where they got the '2pc cells' from.

Should I insist on a cell replacement?

temp4cj.jpg

I was thinking about ordering some cells and maybe a battery box from EEL. Can someone who ordered with shipping from China to the U.S. confirm if you owed any additional taxes or duties?

I was thinking about ordering some cells and maybe a battery box from EEL. Can someone who ordered with shipping from China to the U.S. confirm if you owed any additional taxes or duties?
I haven't ordered from EEL but my shipping from China for an AIO came DDP.
Make sure DDP is on your quote and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't hesitate to order cells DDP.

Ordered a battery box from them via e-mail (paid via PayPal) on the 16th of January, have yet to receive anything. Don't even have a tracking code yet because the guy I was talking to is on vacation (according to himself). He said on 31th January that the package has been shipped a few days ago, but hard to tell without a tracking code. I've now contacted the company on Alibaba to see if I can get the tracking code...

Ordered a battery box from them via e-mail (paid via PayPal) on the 16th of January, have yet to receive anything. Don't even have a tracking code yet because the guy I was talking to is on vacation (according to himself). He said on 31th January that the package has been shipped a few days ago, but hard to tell without a tracking code. I've now contacted the company on Alibaba to see if I can get the tracking code...
Many of the Chinese companies are closed thru the 17th for their new years

Yeah, still I'm a bit disappointed that I've waited this long already for something that's supposed to be shipped from their EU warehouse.

Timeline:
- 2024-01-09 start discussion about ordering a battery box
- 2024-01-16 pay invoice
- 2024-02-23 silence until now
- 2024-02-28 got the box itself
- 2024-03-06 got the BMS and balancer

Things are finally looking up! I now have tracking codes for both the battery box (shipped by DHL from Poland) and the balancer (shipped by express mail from China).

Howard said:
We only have the black stackable box in EU stock now.
or if you can wait,we can ship it to you from China.

This was apparently not true, they had to EU stock at the time. After I had paid the invoice on January 16th he said that:

Howard said:
Please notice that the battery box will arrive at our EU warehouse in 1-2 weeks.

I figured okay, would have been nice if he had told me that. In reality, I guess what happened is their "warehouse refill shipment" got massively delayed due to the Red Sea snafu, and they only got new stock last week. After that things started happening quickly, they apparently sent out everything on Friday last week.

tl;dr instead of going AWOL for six weeks they could have just said sorry but the stock situation is what it is, we'll contact you as soon as we know more.

Update 2024-02-28: picked up the battery box from the local post office today. Still waiting for the BMS and balancer which got sent separately. Sane people would have shipped those directly in January when I paid for the product, but EEL sent it out only after they sent the box itself from Poland. Also the website and Alibaba says only the balancer is shipped separately, but in reality it concerns the BMS as well it seems (at least for EU stock boxes).

Update 2024-03-08: got the BMS and balancer, took about two weeks to arrive. Everything is now connected and working nominally, but the NEEY balancer came with OEM cables, not the custom made super-easy-to-install flat cable that connects directly to the PCBs. I had to crimp my own connectors.

Last edited:
Looks like the newer cases all have rounded corners.
My existing 2 cases are the v2 variant. My brain is wanting my cases to match so? Does anyone have 2 of the older EEL cases with seplos BMS that they’d like to part with for 280/304ah cells?

Back