diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18 over to sungoldpower battery

Scott luckett

I Bought The, 18,000 W inverter system and (8) 100 amp batteries, (18) 415w solar panels, from Sungouldpower I’m wanting to buy the EG4 18pv I want to know if these batteries will communicate with that unit in close loop. I’m going to send photos of what I have any help would be appreciated my phone number is 18048323269

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3197.jpeg
    IMG_3197.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3198.jpeg
    IMG_3198.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 7
The 18kPV currently does not have a communication protocol with SunGoldPower. However, if the SG48100P has a protocol on the built-in display, it may work when set to LUX protocol. Otherwise, it would have to be in open-loop with these batteries.

The 18kPV currently does not have a communication protocol with SunGoldPower. However, if the SG48100P has a protocol on the built-in display, it may work when set to LUX protocol. Otherwise, it would have to be in open-loop with these batteries.
You’re saying may work to lux protocol I would like to know for sure before I buy the EG4 I honestly wish I never bought the sungold inverter features they say it does it does not unless you manually make it do it

You’re saying may work to lux protocol I would like to know for sure before I buy the EG4 I honestly wish I never bought the sungold inverter features they say it does it does not unless you manually make it do it

Unfortunately, it has not been tested so I would not be able to confirm. However, the 18kPV has been tested to communicate with the following protocols.

Attachments

• EG4-18KPV-12LV-Battery-Compatibility-List.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 13
So I see pylon(tech) is supported..
That is one of the most commonly used BMS comm protocols, and also the protocol that is used by SunPower to communicate to their inverter ( rebadged mpp solar/voltronics inverters).

Wouldn't sign it in blood, but should work

SunGoldPower SG48100P out of the box communicates using the PACE protocol on the battery to battery (RS485B and RS485C) as well as the RS232 ports.

Port RS485A used the Pylontech protocol (there are several protocols that you can select/set using the SOKTool or PbmsTool software)

Contact SunGoldPower and ask them

I tried asking sunGOLD and unfortunately the answer I get is that they have no idea what Victor is or protocol. They are not much help at all. At least that’s been my experience.

I tried asking sunGOLD and unfortunately the answer I get is that they have no idea what Victor is or protocol. They are not much help at all. At least that’s been my experience.
If indeed it is the pace BMS, it shouldn't be any problem.
Sok uses the same BMS, Dexter wrote a pretty good guide

Last edited:
If you look carefully it would appear that Jakiper, SOK and the SGP are clones of one or the other. Research Jakiper and SOK to see if anyone is using either of these with the EG4 18pv.

@Will Prowse
I don't own enough equipment but it would be nice if someone (or somone(s)) could put together a spreadsheet that all could contribute to that shows what are OEM and what are clones and what software if any works with each.

For example the SOKTools (SOK) and PbmsTools (SGP) software are the same software and either works with either battery, Does either software work with the Jakiper?

If indeed it is the pace BMS, it shouldn't be any problem.
Sok uses the same BMS, Dexter wrote a pretty good guide
I ordered the cables through that website you suggested now I’m a little old School. This is odd for me. I’d like to be able to actually talk to somebody. I won’t give out your number I won’t call you if you don’t want me to I would just like to talk to somebody just to make this a little bit easier for me,

Last edited:
I ordered the cables through that website you suggested now I’m a little old School. This is odd for me. I’d like to be able to actually talk to somebody. I won’t give out your number I won’t call you if you don’t want me to I would just like to talk to somebody just to make this a little bit easier for me, my phone number is 8048323269

I would recommend removing your phone number and only sharing in private messages to avoid any unwanted spam calls that can happen.

I Bought The, 18,000 W inverter system and (8) 100 amp batteries, (18) 415w solar panels, from Sungouldpower I’m wanting to buy the EG4 18pv I want to know if these batteries will communicate with that unit in close loop. I’m going to send photos of what I have any help would be appreciated my phone number is 18048323269
I never knew people were so scared to actually call somebody and talk to them on a phone

All right, I figure it out how to get the batteries to work with Victor so I can monitor it but now I need some help figuring out how to hook up the MPPT controller to Veeren, so I can monitor Solar production

Back