diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV and EG Propower Wall Connection Issues - BMS?

Punk9721

Hi All

I just got my EG4 18kpv interter and 14kw eg propower wall set up, but I cant get the monitoring system to read the battery and all it says under system info is:
0 W
0%
0 Vdc
BMS Limit Charge: 66 A
BMS Limit Discharge: 66 A
BMS Charge: Forbidden
BMS Discharge: Forbidden
BMS Force Charge: OFF

Anyone ran into this problem?

I would make sure that the protocol on the battery is set to EG4/LUX for CAN and that the Lithium Brand is set to "0."

How are they connected, using exactly what ports and exactly what ends of which cable? IIRC you want to force CAN comms by setting the RS485 protocol to something wrong so it’s nonfunctional.
As Jared said, set CAN on the battery to EG4/LUX and tell the inverter that the Lithium brand(?) is “0”

I would make sure that the protocol on the battery is set to EG4/LUX for CAN and that the Lithium Brand is set to "0."
@EG4_Jared Ok now I have the battery being read by the monitoring system and the battery will charge from PV but I cannot get the battery to kick in to cover excess load or kick in at night to cover load usage.

Any ideas?

My current battery protocol settings are eg4 and lux. See attached images. One thing to note is I’m not feeding grid yet. My goal is to not be pulling from the grid at any time of the day.IMG_3944.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3961.png
    IMG_3961.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3962.png
    IMG_3962.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3963.png
    IMG_3963.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3964.png
    IMG_3964.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3965.png
    IMG_3965.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 3
Would you be able to change the inverter to lead-acid to see if this would allow for the inverter to function properly?

Back