diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3kw Inverter / 2kw Solar system / Solar Panel mounting options

ChuckHomeLab

I am looking to install a small solar system at my house. I would like something that will run my refrigerator, deep freeze, and network/surveillance equipment.
I am leaning toward:

EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter

3 X EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery 5.1Kwh 48V​

I don't have a yard or space to ground mount some solar panels, so I will have to mount my panels on my roof. I do have a South facing roof and it's big enough to place a few panels on it. I would like to have 5- 400W solar panels so that I can acquire 2kW of power.

I am purchasing the Inverter and Batteries from Signature Solar. It would be convenient to get solar panels and mounts from them as well, but I don't know enough about them to know which ones to get.
The second item I would love suggestions on is the mounting system. I would like something simple and not have to put a bunch of screws through my roof.

Attached is a sketch of my roof facing. I drew a potential 8 panels, but for now, I only plan to install the bottom 5.
20230714084343.jpg

Please give me suggestions on which panels and mounting system I should purchase.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8364.JPEG
    IMG_8364.JPEG
    467.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8366.JPEG
    IMG_8366.JPEG
    421 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8367.JPEG
    IMG_8367.JPEG
    437.4 KB · Views: 5
Are there any newbies out there that have installed a small off-grid system like this?
Just curious about your experience with which solar panels you went with and what mounting system to use.

Back