diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000ex-48 beeps when connect pv?

Newenough

Went to connect a set of panels to it for the first time, and get a repeating beep on the EG4 all in one, but no fault code. Its just 4 x 380 watt in series. 181v at 9.41 amps. Way below the 500vdc max. Everything is in palarity is correct. I my try skipping the combiner box, but thought I'd ask here first before doing that, as also my only DC disconnect at the moment. I did the connection with the system powered on, but the manual did not stipulate otherwise. For clarity, this is a 6000ex-48HV series inverter.

Last edited:
It seems that doing a twirl, standing on one leg, and then rebooting works! All good now...

Mine just started doing this (I know this an old thread) and I think it was line imbalance. I was running the heat pump, which was pulling about 1000w per line, and had the 110v hot tub running (1500w from Leg 2). Not positive this was it, but I turned off the hot tub and it stopped beeping. For clarity, this was a 3-4 second beep over and over with no error codes or lights. I wouldn't think 1500w of unbalance would trigger a warning, but who knows.

Back