diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000ex -- Any trick to powering off?

wildbillpdx

Solar Enthusiast
Really stupid question...how do you power off the inverter? I only have battery and PV connected but whenever I press the power button it only alternates between standby and on. I need to power it off to make some cable modifications.

Really stupid question...how do you power off the inverter? I only have battery and PV connected but whenever I press the power button it only alternates between standby and on. I need to power it off to make some cable modifications.
I had same problem.....Turn off the battery .....and PV, the only way to really turn it off.

Standby mode will still charge the batteries if you have PV. You will have to disconnect your PV to shut it down.

Tried all that...seems I need to wait for the capacitors to discharge after disconnecting all power input. Not intuitive. Power button SHOULD turn off the inverter, somehow.

(n)

Yeah, when all power is removed, it still remains active for 20-30 seconds. Probably due to the fact that some of the inverter settings require you to be in standby mode in order to change them.

Either way, like you said, not intuitive...

I’ve tried multiple times to shutdown the system. Switched to standby, disconnect the PV modules and turnoff the batteries…the alarm sounds for hours and never stops. What am I missing?

AC in? Hopefully through a circuit breaker.
Not connected to AC. Only battery and PV. I got the alarm to stop...left the master battery powered on for communication, but not power (DC breaker/disconnect). But the inverter is still on.

Not connected to AC. Only battery and PV. I got the alarm to stop...left the master battery powered on for communication, but not power (DC breaker/disconnect). But the inverter is still on.
_Something_ is still inputting power to the inverter for it still to be on.

Back