diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000ex burning smell. Is it normal?

James_Q

Hi,

I have a EG4 6000EX that I purchased last year. Everything works well so far, but lately it has been giving out some burning smells (like electrical wire burning) when under moderately heavy load, eg. 4.8KW. I think the fan works, as I can hear it wind up and down according to load. I'm pretty sure it comes from the inverter's exhaust fan, not from the battery or external wiring. Under light load, eg. 2.4KW, it doesn't smell as such. There's no error code and everything appears normal. Should I be worried? Also to lessen the ware and tear, I only use the inverter function and have a separate charger to charge the batteries at night during off peak hours.

Thanks

James

You shouldn't be smelling anything. Pop the front cover and check over all of your connections. Give them all an extra tightening.

I have a EG4 6000EX that I purchased last year. Everything works well so far, but lately it has been giving out some burning smells (like electrical wire burning) when under moderately heavy load, eg. 4.8KW.
Is it happening when on battery? Either way, pop the cover and check the battery bus bars. Not sure how prevalent it is, but there was definitely some poor soldering done on my LVX6048. This appears to be a weak point. I have seen at least one video online of the same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_7998.jpg
    IMG_7998.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8001.jpg
    IMG_8001.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 13
Back