diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp with JK Inverter BMS

ChrisG

Solar Addict
Current connected has this inverter back and stock and just ordered one. Anyone running these in closed loop with the new JK inverter BMS or Seplos v3.

Same. They both claim to support some version of the Pylon protocol, but I haven't been able to figure out which and haven't seen anyone with both.

Same. They both claim to support some version of the Pylon protocol, but I haven't been able to figure out which and haven't seen anyone with both.
I have my 6000xp running with Pylon 1.2 using the JK(non inverter) CAN project. No problems. Considering getting the inverter BMS just to give it a try. I know some have had success with both SEPLOS V2 and V3 also using Pylon setting (battery 0 and Protocol 2). I just want the built in balancing of the JK.

I have my 6000xp running with Pylon 1.2 using the JK(non inverter) CAN project. No problems. Considering getting the inverter BMS just to give it a try. I know some have had success with both SEPLOS V2 and V3 also using Pylon setting (battery 0 and Protocol 2). I just want the built in balancing of the JK.
What is this "can project" Is this with the "Off Grid Garages" Pie Hats or whatever it was?

I am simply interested in automation. I am using the lead acid profile on the 6000xp and as such, with me using 15S batteries, it is completely useless to use automation because the SOC in the 6000xp is always wrong.

I have my victron shunt connected to solar assistant but apparently cant run automation from there either.

What is this "can project" Is this with the "Off Grid Garages" Pie Hats or whatever it was?

I am simply interested in automation. I am using the lead acid profile on the 6000xp and as such, with me using 15S batteries, it is completely useless to use automation because the SOC in the 6000xp is always wrong.

I have my victron shunt connected to solar assistant but apparently cant run automation from there either.
So Solar Assistant can’t change setting on the 6000xp for automation, interesting?

The CAN project only works with one JK (non inverter) BMS. When Andy’s Peter person stopped supporting a free version, a few people in this forum picked it up.

Here is the new link to the new version the devs are working on: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/jk-bms-can-with-new-cut-off-charging-logic-open-source.79325/

Older version(s) link: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/j...-goodwe-and-pylontech-batteries.48963/page-38

Here is the device I built for around $20. One side plugs into GPS port on the JK and other into the battery port via Ethernet cable and two wires into the CAN adapter.

IMG_4464.jpeg

So Solar Assistant can’t change setting on the 6000xp for automation, interesting?
The answer to that is yes. But not with my victon shunts SOC level. Only with the irrelevant 6000xp SOC level (due to 15S and lead acid charge profile its way off)

I am forced to automate by voltage and that has proved useless because of the flat discharge curve of lifepo4.

The answer to that is yes. But not with my victon shunts SOC level. Only with the irrelevant 6000xp SOC level (due to 15S and lead acid charge profile its way off)

I am forced to automate by voltage and that has proved useless because of the flat discharge curve of lifepo4.
Well that sucks. Was going to give SA a try. I use a Victron shunt with an older Growatt with SA and I have it make decisions based on SOC coming from the shunt. Was hoping it worked the same.

So are there two SOC reading available? One from
Inverter and other from Victron?
Yes but not simultaneously.
Actually I can get my jk bms SOC , my shunt SOC, and the 600xp SOC into Solar assistant. But only one. and SA can not automate on anything other than time for the 6000xp.

So you can’t have automations such as this? I’m sure the settings and names are different.
I have recently searched for SA automation and saw that page was supposed to be under the Power tab. Unfortunately, on my SA there is no mention of automation. This is the power tab.
1708830005378.png

What version of SA are you using. I’m on the beta path.

Attachments

• IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 8
I am in beta also, but it appears that there is no beta firmware for the 6000xp

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 21-07-27 SolarAssistant.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 21-07-27 SolarAssistant.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
Well you can give that project I mentioned a shot and it does work with one BMS only. This is why I’m considering the new JK at this point to link several together.

Well you can give that project I mentioned a shot and it does work with one BMS only. This is why I’m considering the new JK at this point to link several together.
Having one BMS that is at least close to the parallel bank would be miles better than what I am doing. All I want to do is leave enough space in the battery for the next days sun. I hate losing watts because of full batteries.

I will definitely be looking into that project.

Having one BMS that is at least close to the parallel bank would be miles better than what I am doing. All I want to do is leave enough space in the battery for the next days sun. I hate losing watts because of full batteries.

I will definitely be looking into that project.
I thought about doing the same with this project. One battery in closed loop, remaining just parallel open loop. Can assume that all packs will have similar charge, discharge and obviously voltage.

Separately the devs are working on where a Victron shunt can be the source for closed loop. This is what I really want and testing myself via another ESP32 project which was abandoned a few years ago while I wait for the newer code.

Code:
[ 13881][I][CANBUS.cpp:304] SendParamUpdate(): Sent PYLONTECH String.
[ 13886][I][CANBUS.cpp:333] SendParamUpdate(): Inverter Parameters update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 13890][I][CANBUS.cpp:138] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter SOC Battery update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 13902][I][CANBUS.cpp:160] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter Battery Voltage, Current update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 13912][I][CANBUS.cpp:182] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter Protection / Alarm Flags via CAN Bus sent.
[ 13920][I][CANBUS.cpp:205] SendBattUpdate(): Battery Charge Flags via CAN Bus sent.
[ 13945][I][main.cpp:190] loop(): New block arrived; Value count: 13, serial 26
[ 13946][I][main.cpp:113] UpdateCanBusData(): Battery Voltage Update: 12625V
[ 13948][I][main.cpp:119] UpdateCanBusData(): Battery Current Update: 0mA
[ 13955][I][main.cpp:125] UpdateCanBusData(): Battery SOC Update: 1000%
[ 14445][I][main.cpp:190] loop(): New block arrived; Value count: 17, serial 27
[ 14928][I][CANBUS.cpp:60] SendAllUpdates(): Sending all CAN Bus Data
[ 14929][I][CANBUS.cpp:304] SendParamUpdate(): Sent PYLONTECH String.
[ 14934][I][CANBUS.cpp:333] SendParamUpdate(): Inverter Parameters update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 14938][I][CANBUS.cpp:138] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter SOC Battery update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 14947][I][main.cpp:190] loop(): New block arrived; Value count: 13, serial 28
[ 14950][I][CANBUS.cpp:160] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter Battery Voltage, Current update via CAN Bus sent.
[ 14962][I][main.cpp:113] UpdateCanBusData(): Battery Voltage Update: 12625V
[ 14967][I][CANBUS.cpp:182] SendBattUpdate(): Inverter Protection / Alarm Flags via CAN Bus sent.
[ 14978][I][main.cpp:119] UpdateCanBusData(): Battery Current Update: 0mA
[ 14982][I][CANBUS.cpp:205] SendBattUpdate(): Battery Charge Flags via CAN Bus sent.
[ 14992][

1708866132590.jpeg

Back