diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500ex-48 with 4 Tesla S batteries??

Bowman_solar

Parameters set for these batteries and what upgraded BMS boards needed for solar setup have not seen any systems set with these batteries

2x 6S modules in series voltage is too low to use full battery capacity with those type of inverters. Victron inverters work down to 38V. As for BMS you could use 12S Li-ion BMS but I have not tried that. I plant to roll my own BMS someday.

Parameters set for these batteries and what upgraded BMS boards needed for solar setup have not seen any systems set with these batteries
Im running simpbms (which was just superseded by the verobms v2). Its a contactor based BMS that uses the OEM Tesla satellite boards for temp + voltage sensing and cell balancing.
The simpbms (and verobms) talk with victron battery can bus and can regulate charge rate.
It has over/under temp, pack and cell voltage and current limit using a clamp sensor.
Supports precharge resistors and has lots of settings for hysteresis, voltage, temperature derating and charge current.

Give Reider a call first and talk with him about it. IRS like 20 bucks for a consultation and their support was really good during my setup.

All up, I paid right at 100 USD per kWh for six model s modules including the BMS.

Thank you appreciate it I noticed that these cannot charge in cold weather and need to stay heated otherwise they can catch fire one form said

Im running simpbms (which was just superseded by the verobms v2). Its a contactor based BMS that uses the OEM Tesla satellite boards for temp + voltage sensing and cell balancing.
The simpbms (and verobms) talk with victron battery can bus and can regulate charge rate.
It has over/under temp, pack and cell voltage and current limit using a clamp sensor.
Supports precharge resistors and has lots of settings for hysteresis, voltage, temperature derating and charge current.

Give Reider a call first and talk with him about it. IRS like 20 bucks for a consultation and their support was really good during my setup.

All up, I paid right at 100 USD per kWh for six model s modules including the BMS.
How do I get a hold of Reider do you have a number or an email?

2x 6S modules in series voltage is too low to use full battery capacity with those type of inverters. Victron inverters work down to 38V. As for BMS you could use 12S Li-ion BMS but I have not tried that. I plant to roll my own BMS someday.
I was running only two for a short time seemed to work okay but I just bought two more so I have four Am I wasting my time with these batteries or this inverter and should probably sell them

Thank you appreciate it I noticed that these cannot charge in cold weather and need to stay heated otherwise they can catch fire one form said
Yes, like all lithium batteries the charge rate drops very sharply in cold. Lifep04 is even more severely cold affected.

I was running only two for a short time seemed to work okay but I just bought two more so I have four Am I wasting my time with these batteries or this inverter and should probably sell them
Will still work fine without victron gear. Some people run them on solark even, at reduced "capacity" and the partial cycle depth will greatly extend the life of the pack. For what they cost, you can just parallel a few more.

Grab the consultation call on veroelectric.com and I think they deduct the cost of the call if you get a verobms. Its to filter out the hey you calls, well worth it.

Back