diy solar

diy solar

EG4 purchase

We are working on getting this taken care of! It seems it may just need an update but if not, we will of course replace the unit! Oh! and it has been determined that it is a V2 :) We will update shortly!

You guys have some exceptional people, some very smart people, and then you have some who are a serious detriment to the company.
I must agree with this - especially when you include tech support in that group. I've spent some time at their location and talked to folks in person from numerous departments - including tech support. Without exception, they were all phenomenal!

On the phone with tech support? Well, I agree, it can sometimes seem like I'm talking to another group entirely. It's not that they're unhelpful or even unfriendly. They just seem a little worn down. I know I'm not the only customer they have to deal with - but when it comes my turn on the phone, I AM the only customer they have to deal with. I sometimes feel like they're not entirely listening to my issue and actively trying to resolve it.

Jess does an exceptional job at making you feel like you're the most important task on her to-do list, even though I know it must be miles long. Perhaps, she should give a class to tech support folks. :)

I must agree with this - especially when you include tech support in that group. I've spent some time at their location and talked to folks in person from numerous departments - including tech support. Without exception, they were all phenomenal!

On the phone with tech support? Well, I agree, it can sometimes seem like I'm talking to another group entirely. It's not that they're unhelpful or even unfriendly. They just seem a little worn down. I know I'm not the only customer they have to deal with - but when it comes my turn on the phone, I AM the only customer they have to deal with. I sometimes feel like they're not entirely listening to my issue and actively trying to resolve it.

Jess does an exceptional job at making you feel like you're the most important task on her to-do list, even though I know it must be miles long. Perhaps, she should give a class to tech support folks. :)
Thank you 😊 I’ll definitely take these concerns to our tech manager! We are always trying to improve!

I had good experience buying solar panels from signature solar. They issued refund for shipper damaged panels without much delay.
I got 10 Hyundai panels from them, very well packaged, but I knew going in that the only possible support I would need is a refund for damaged panels and not anything complex.

Reactions: Ljg
Update! We have troubleshot the unit and we're going to be replacing it. Actually, upgrading the unit to the LL-S as a gesture of goodwill. We updated the firmware and checked all the connections and everything but changing the protocol was impossible and it required replacement.
We are profusely sorry that the unit needed to be replaced but we are so glad that we could get this taken care of today. This has been escalated to RMA and I will personally be following this out the door!

EDIT: Shipped 5/15/24 :)

Last edited:
Current connected is top notch. I will always order from them first, even if price is a tad higher. (It isn’t).

I also have to admit I’ve had no issues with signiture solar. I ordered a Brightmount rack and extentions from them. No issues. And I’ve noticed their customer service (email) is 1000x better than it used to be. As a matter of fact I sent an email this morning and got a reply within 4 hours. Not so long ago a reply took weeks, or not at all.

Update! We have troubleshot the unit and we're going to be replacing it. Actually, upgrading the unit to the LL-S as a gesture of goodwill. We updated the firmware and checked all the connections and everything but changing the protocol was impossible and it required replacement.
We are profusely sorry that the unit needed to be replaced but we are so glad that we could get this taken care of today. This has been escalated to RMA and I will personally be following this out the door!

To keep this 100% honest you (they) agreed to refund the initial cost and make me pay the difference to upgrade to the LL-S. But in that same spirit of honesty I paid $12 more for that refurb last year than the cost of a new LL-S now so it works out fine.

I just wish it had never came to the point of making me so angry that I had to post this to get a resolution especially considering this started March 25th. Once I get a working battery in my hand I will consider this resolved.

For anyone that is concerned about Signature Solar. Yes they have issues, the biggest might be their location, its hard enough to find and hire qualified people that want to work and actually care about their jobs now. Add in how busy they are and how new and fast moving this market is and there are potential problems. They are in a spot that doesn't offer the best options.

Compared to other companies they have better prices and shipping, especially with them running free shipping events so often. I heard numerous employees comment about how they are treated exceptionally well there. Not a single negative. I don't think there is any intended malice here.

As far as EG4 I believe they have good, maybe great products but they have had some lemons, I think that recent 6500EX inverter was a big one. They are moving forward fast in a rapidly changing market so issues are par for the course. They have had issues but they do try to fix things fast and upgrade and update them. I don't get any indication of a fly by night chineseum company from them. I think the advances on the 6000XP and maybe even the 18KPV are indications of their seriousness, I have 2 of the 60000Xp's so far, the second not yet hooked up but the first has been great, I have a Power Pro and now the indoor version of that as well. I was using this LL and a 3000EHV inverter up to this point as a test of sorts, all of my electronics, Tv, security system etc were on it and it have been great, it was still working perfectly the day I switched everything including most of the house to a single 6000XP. I have only overloaded it once, barely, my cloths dryer apparently needs a nuclear plant to run it, Or 2 6000XP's. It handled that perfectly.

I would say that the biggest problem EG4 and even by extension Sig Solar has is the amount of mis-info being passed off as fact on their various products and the updating their of... Some of it belongs to them because of how fast this product market is changing and advancing there is a lot of contradictory info in their own guides and even manuals, much due to upgrades. Add in bad info from a few of their tech people and its a problem fast.

For anyone interested in giving them a go I am going to give a shout out to Calee. ( pronounced like Callie not Kaylee :) ) She is in sales and has been better informed and knowledgeable than some of their tech people. If you need something, even if you are unsure of what you need give her a call or an email. She has been phenomenal even for issues outside of sales. I am sure she is not the only great sales person there but I got to meet her and she is every bit the person, in person that she is on the phone. That is not common in today's sales environment and so I will give credit where it is due. Hopefully this doesn't violates any rules or anything its just that I know how helpful she has been first hand and she has been pleasant to deal with.

Signature Solar Sales:
Calee Cameron
1-(903)-307-0633
calee.cameron@signaturesolar.com

If nothing else I hope this event and my comment is a wake up call. The company is worth saving to be sure, but there must be some change, its a total opposite of the companies that are mismanaged from to to bottom. I heard enough to know they are moving an amount of product that would shock many. Like most companies you only hear the negative. I think some of the people there are exceptional so I don't wish to throw the whole company under the bus. I want them to get better, I more than think they and their employees are worth it. As usual a few bad apples can really make a stinky mess. Yes this is an odd post, being negative while pointing out the bad but also tossing in the good. I have seen enough to know they are worth it as a company, they just have some issue to work out.

I've run a successful business for 30 years. Everyone has their biases and "favorites", but the good ones are very subtle about how they express and act their bias.

I've had only good luck with EG4 and signature solar. Prompt shipping. Good prices. Great support for the few questions I've had. Zero problems with EG4 18kpv and batteries running whole house.
Me too!

Bought 6x EG4-6500EX, 12x EG4-LL batteries and 40x PV panels (end of 2022). They sent me, by mistake, two different types of 6-slot battery racks (one orange one yellow) with some differences in detail and they send me an additional orange one without cost to solve this. Absolutely no complains. All questions I had gets answered (for sure not directly, but after some days which is absolutely ok). So far, I'm a happy Signature Solar customer!

addon:
btw. Contrary to their bad reputation, the 6x EG4-6500EX units work without any problems so far - I really regret that Signature Solar / EG4 sunset this inverter and no further firmware updates will be available in future, even if this model's base origin (Voltronic Axpert Max, MKS2-6500) is still an active and available product ...

Last edited:
As mentioned, many companies go through growing pains….

It’s how they address those issues which sets them apart. I’ve had a handful of small issues (defective wifi dongle) and some battery balancing issues. Tech support stayed on the phone for WAY longer then I could have imagined going over settings and then actually watching for the adjustments to settle and check the results.

They’ve made leaps and bounds to better themselves and are continually improving. Even with a few headaches, someone was always on the other end of the phone. They’ve got my business….their prices are good, help is available and why wouldn’t I want to help a company like that grow?

Give them a call, let them know what you’re looking at and, if you get good vibes, give them a try.

Thank you so much for the honest information. Will needs to see your post as he has been bought by them, selling us out on this forum. He could make this right if he wanted but as long as he is paid for his services and we watch his youtube video’s he is making money and they are as well. I have lost alot of respect for what he says.
Do you have any recommendations other than using Signature Solar and EG4.
Thank you so much
Make this right? I've complained about their customer service and have spread the information more than anyone else on the internet. Have you seen my videos? I mention this all the time.

And you can purchase everything they sell by going through current connected. Which again, I mention all the time.

I also created this forum so people can complain about ANY solar equipment distributor you please.

What have I said that makes you lose respect for me? What did I do wrong here?

I also have people emailing me everyday about numerous other companies horrendous customer support. Especially when buying direct (like bluetti for example, and many others). Typically you're better off going through a distributor that you like and trust. There are many to choose from now.

Most people have a great experience with signature solar. But they sell 10x as much as everyone else, so I'm expecting a lot more complaints about them as well.

How many times have I said "if you want good customer service and support, purchase it from current connected". I must have said that in at least 10 videos by now

Make this right? I've complained about their customer service and have spread the information more than anyone else on the internet. Have you seen my videos? I mention this all the time.

And you can purchase everything they sell by going through current connected. Which again, I mention all the time.

I also created this forum so people can complain about ANY solar equipment distributor you please.

What have I said that makes you lose respect for me? What did I do wrong here?

The only thing you did wrong here, is you decided to feed a troll. It happens. We’ve all done it. Just stop, and the troll will go away.

Have a great day Will!

The only thing you did wrong here, is you decided to feed a troll. It happens. We’ve all done it. Just stop, and the troll will go away.

Have a great day Will!
Will,
I want to apologize to you, as I was frustrated and should not have vented the way that I did. I have learned so much from you and subscribe to your channel. We are blessed that we have this forum to learn from each other and sorry to say vent. I was also watching other videos that were promoting Signature Solar. I didn’t know who to believe as they were getting product to evaluate from Signature Solar. I work with the public and my business could not survive with this negative. I went to BBB and there are many problems needing to be resolved by Signature Solar but as you said with the volume of business they have, they will have complaints. I re watched your video’s and you did give alternatives to purchase. Please accept my apology, I am sorry.

I wouldn't worry about it. Signature isn't Amazon it's not satisfaction guaranteed with free shipping both ways but they're real, not a scam, and I believe they do try to figure out how to handle this stuff fairly in a business where user error is the norm.

And if you do have a problem, you can literally bug them on the forum about it. That's a special service if you ask me.
So far I have really good experience with solar signature i have purchased about 8 batteries and all of them EG4.

Back