diy solar

diy solar

Exclusive US agent. 18kpv/12k?

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Starting a new thread so I don't keep derailing others...

I'm still interested in the inverter, regardless. I do wonder why, out of 1/2 dozen inquires I've made on Ali, I can't get a single Lux shipped to the US.... Makes me agree with others on SARKDEYE 2.0...
@Eddie_Lux @SignatureSolarJames
I have ali reseller telling me there is an exclusive agent in the USA for the Lux split phase, can you confirm or deny this?
I have another reseller quoting prices well below anywhere in the US...
I'm all for buying from US suppliers but if I can cut out the middle man and save myself and the community thousands...

Starting a new thread so I don't keep derailing others...

@Eddie_Lux @SignatureSolarJames
I have ali reseller telling me there is an exclusive agent in the USA for the Lux split phase, can you confirm or deny this?
I have another reseller quoting prices well below anywhere in the US...
I'm all for buying from US suppliers but if I can cut out the middle man and save myself and the community thousands...
what is it with the folks out of texas , and claiming "exclusive agents" , effectively killing all competition and price gauging

It is not unusual for a company to have a single distributor in a region (USA) until the market gets big enough for more than one. That distributor is responsible for importing, warehousing, retailer support, customer support, etc.

Similarly, I don't hear much complaining about the lack of competition in the sales of Teslas.

Last edited:
J

Hello Also looking at Lux inverter did you ever get a firm ddp quote ? thx
I did for the first generation of the Lux 12k.
Seller wasn't up front about this until I called them out on the photos they sent being different than the current model... I decided to stay away, Rosen Solar was the name... Do some searching here, mixed feedback.

what is it with the folks out of texas , and claiming "exclusive agents" , effectively killing all competition and price gauging
I'm assuming that's intended to be humor or am I missing something?
If anything, the way I see it, prices went up significantly.
If I could get them I'd order ~ a half dozen and sell them to members for cost plus freight and 100 bucks for my time and effort, but that isn't allowed.

Rosen , quoted $3450 not incl shipping ,for first gen , still waiting to see if have 2nd gen , but I doubt it .

It is not unusual for a company to have a single distributor in a region (USA) until the market gets big enough for more than one. That distributor is responsible for importing, warehousing, retailer support, customer support, etc.

Similarly, I don't hear much complaining about the lack of competition in the sales of Teslas.
Tesla manufactures their own product.

Back