diy solar

diy solar

Growatt, Solar Assistant & ACM0???

GrumpyOldRetiree

I recently bought a pair of Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL-LVM AIO's and have them connected as 240V split phase. I bought Solar Assistant and have it up and running, but...I can't consistent see both inverters. On the SA configuration page the USB port setting shows 2 devices, one is "USB0" and the second is "ACM0 Unnamed device". The message I keep getting is "timeout connecting to /dev/ttyACM0". At one point I was able to see both inverters, but after shutting down to finish the wiring and rebooting SA will no longer connect to one of the inverters. I searched these forums and saw other posts regarding this issue, but no solutions. Can anyone provide any insight into this problem. I did notice that the inverters have 2 different versions of the firmware, but I haven't been able to locate any firmware updates online. Besides, in my experience, flashing new firmware is sometimes problematic and should only be done as a last resort.

Additionally, has anyone found a solution to the house LED's flickering periodically with these units?

Any help appreciated.

I recently bought a pair of Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL-LVM AIO's and have them connected as 240V split phase. I bought Solar Assistant and have it up and running, but...I can't consistent see both inverters. On the SA configuration page the USB port setting shows 2 devices, one is "USB0" and the second is "ACM0 Unnamed device". The message I keep getting is "timeout connecting to /dev/ttyACM0". At one point I was able to see both inverters, but after shutting down to finish the wiring and rebooting SA will no longer connect to one of the inverters. I searched these forums and saw other posts regarding this issue, but no solutions. Can anyone provide any insight into this problem. I did notice that the inverters have 2 different versions of the firmware, but I haven't been able to locate any firmware updates online. Besides, in my experience, flashing new firmware is sometimes problematic and should only be done as a last resort.

Additionally, has anyone found a solution to the house LED's flickering periodically with these units?

Any help appreciated.
Contact SA, he'll get you working.
Info@solar-assistant.io

Unplug the usb that is acmo, wait about 30 seconds. you should see it disappear from SA. Hit the disconnect button. Plug it back in and. I had to do this several times. If it still doesn't work. Restart the pi and start over...
EDIT: Disconnect the USB from the pi side, not from the inverter side.

Last edited:
Back