diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES not respecting settings

Congratulation on fixing the issue, your post on J-Link emulator and special connector will be helpful for others in future.

Wait...you have 6 batteries now? The way growatt batteries are being connected in parallel kinda......count as a disaster?
Can you check the amperage of each batteries when they are charging and discharging?

The reason, please watch this video from beginning to the end:

Ideally, you wants each battery pack charge/discharge equally (or close to same value).
Granted that each battery pack will eventually equalise themselves given sufficient time....but.......you gonna have 2 battery pack getting worn out first out of 6 packs total if you use growatt default wiring configuration.
Thank you for your reply. Interesting video. My batteries are connected in parellel per growatt setup red one end black the other end. With full sun the rate of charging is between 40 to 60 amp. With all my battery surgery and upgrade I did, I am still cover by the warranty if something happens because everything I did was directives from Growatt. In your video they recommend bus bar if more than 3 but, unless Growatt says to do that I am reluctant to go down that path. What I REALLY would like to have is real time access data for each battery and even better, each cells. Do you know of a device or software that can do that? Thank you.

Congratulation on fixing the issue, your post on J-Link emulator and special connector will be helpful for others in future.

Wait...you have 6 batteries now? The way growatt batteries are being connected in parallel kinda......count as a disaster?
Can you check the amperage of each batteries when they are charging and discharging?

The reason, please watch this video from beginning to the end:

Ideally, you wants each battery pack charge/discharge equally (or close to same value).
Granted that each battery pack will eventually equalise themselves given sufficient time....but.......you gonna have 2 battery pack getting worn out first out of 6 packs total if you use growatt default wiring configuration.
I am thinkink rotating the batteries like every 3 months.

Thank you for your reply. Interesting video. My batteries are connected in parellel per growatt setup red one end black the other end. With full sun the rate of charging is between 40 to 60 amp. With all my battery surgery and upgrade I did, I am still cover by the warranty if something happens because everything I did was directives from Growatt. In your video they recommend bus bar if more than 3 but, unless Growatt says to do that I am reluctant to go down that path. What I REALLY would like to have is real time access data for each battery and even better, each cells. Do you know of a device or software that can do that? Thank you.

Nope, so far, I only know we can view the raw RS485 data and find the corresponding bits for individual cells voltage value only. There is only total current value being reported in the RS485 data, wish it has individual pack current flowing in/out reported.

Growatt windows software, the PVKeeper kinda "useless" because it doesn't show anything useful about the battery.
If you use the app "Shinetools", you gonna lose access to growatt online reporting.

Here the latest Growatt PVKeeper 3.1 (hopefully the link gonna be active for long time?)

Last edited:
Thank you Ashley. I appreciate your input. But I sure don’t want to loose online reporting. I don’t know if you know but if you create a BCONFIG.txt file and inside you type down_fault
In the first line. Then format a USB stick FAT32 and put that config file on it. Then stick it to a Growatt battery. It will give you a lot of data about the battery. Wait until the lights stop flashing. Not real time but better than nothing

Back