diy solar

diy solar

Guidance on Alibaba Trade Assurance, cells not shipped on time.

AshleyL

Solar Enthusiast
I have a disasterous purchase order with Dongguan Seplos.
The seller is requesting me to wait for until next week for shipping after I pressed him on why my order kept on being delayed.
Initially the shipment term was 45 days.
It was extended another 10 days to 55 days and I agreed with the revision on trade assurance contract.

Now:
1710396636801.pngMy question is, what will happen if the trade assurance duration lapsed?
The seller said the they will deliver the goods to freight forwarder on this Saturday 16 March 2024.
To make it worse, seller mentions there is a stipulated time for the goods to be shipped into the warehouse and shipped out.
Main problem, the duration of trade assurance will expired in 24 hours.
What should I do?

I would apply for a refund immediately, hard against hard is the only language these Chinese sellers speak.

I would apply for a refund immediately, hard against hard is the only language these Chinese sellers speak.
In that case, I will apply for refund on 21-03-2024 if there is no movement in shipment. At least I had given chance for Seplos to make well on their promise after 10 days extension before.

Watch out for the next trick which is for the supplier to say its shipped but the tracking number comes up as not updated.
Oh, believe me. I am going to "Request for refund" on the said date if that happen. Not going to play around anymore.
Even if it is updated and the said cells arrived at my address, I will inspect those cells on the spot before sign off the DDP as I am starting to question their reputation.
I have enough bad experience with Chinese sellers. I really in dire need of these "Grade A" cells.

Meanwhile, I had placed order from GobelPower for 16 BatteroTech cells, but these cells are destined for another place.
I am surprised that it only took 10 days for status to change to shipping......

I can't afford to test "uncertain" cells for my house in Sarawak yet. The only reason I haven't cancelled my purchase and request for refund is Seplos has good reputation on their so called Grade A LF280K V3. Since I already know which forwarder that can delivered to my address (Thanks GobelPower), I could just request Amy from Luyuan to contact the forwarder and buy from Amy or maybe GobelPower itself.

Therefore, dear Dongguan Seplos, please don't make me.......I am really tired of all these excuses. I really need those "Grade A" cells as soon as possible.

This tactic is dragging you down the proverbial Rabbit hole !
Apply for a refund immediately and be prepared to reach your Credit Card co to have them stop it as well. Leave nothing to chance !

Yes do it all and do it now, they will delay via any method they can until all of your protections run out.

Also watch for them to provide a tracking number that does move but is being sent elsewhere. They have all sorts of tricks.

Typically, the CC company has a 60 day limit on charge backs and the shady companies know it, so they try to run the clock out with "just wait one more week"

This is why I ordered from Amy Wan.

She biffed the ship date by 17 days, but this was due to the JBD BMS I wanted being out of stock at JBD. No ETA on delivery. She substituted a 9th cell since the cost was the same within a few $. I have full confidence I will receive my order... I just have to be patient as it's been nearly 60 days.

I had a similar issue with Seplos. They kept telling me the order was going to ship within a week twice and it never did. Once the shipping timer expired, I requested a refund and within 5 minutes Seplos responded saying they just gave the order to the forwarder, and then asked to revoke the refund. I simply said no, they had the chance to ship the product and failed. Took them over a week to give me the refund. Also Alibaba gave me some coupons for the trouble.

I ended up buying from Amy Wan instead. A lot cheaper, better cells, better communication, and shipped on time.

GobelPower took 18 days to 'ship' my cells, (I think this was actually just booking the shipment to make it look like they were on time, as the ship didn't actually leave for another 5 days or something) they took 46 days until arriving in the UK then 8 days from customs until delivery = 72 days.

My battery boxes from Luyuan took 51 days before they got on the ship, but only 25 days to arrive in the UK, although they were stuck in customs for two weeks. = 93 days to arrive!

Both sellers had unrealistic dates and went up to or over the Alibaba contract date to ship, Amy Luyuan asked to increase the date twice, I ignored the second time. To be fair there were floods in Shenzhen at the time and I asked for bespoke boxes, but still very frustrating. Unfortunately it takes time and there's not much we can do. I am however happy with the actual cells and boxes.

Last edited:
Three things are required when buying from China:
  1. Trust
  2. Patience
  3. Management of Expectations
Trust is earned by honorable sellers with successful track records.

Patience is a virtue. :)

Management of Expectations means you need to expect delays and missed commitments due to logistics. If you expect top-notch customer service, you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
When a shipment arrives at Customs, there is absolutely nothing, anyone can do until they"get around to it" and unfortunately, sometimes that can be nutz... Even worse if anyone is striking - ~eek spine shiver memory there... I had an order stuck 6 weeks in customs once, so... Whenever importing from overseas, there is always a Murphy's Law potential for something to happen. There are a LOT of hands from when a shipment is dropped off to when it gets to your's.

My current order of cells, cases + (shipped Jan 24) is en-route, the Alibaba Ticker says I have 9 days. Alt tracking says they are off ship (BC Port) and will be at UPS Warehouse in Calgary Tomorrow where their tracking picks up and should likely be here by the 22nd. (8 days from now). BUT I have a Gotcha, being Rural & Remote that can sometimes be a problem but as the snow is gone 6 weeks ahead of normal, not likely.

Should have added. From Amy @ Luyuan Shenzen China to Algonquin Park Ontario Canada.

I have placed quite a few orders this last year from merchants I established a relationship with through Alibaba. I think all of them have taken longer than I initially expected. Some of that was due to me negotiating and customizing. But so far everything has shown up.

I am at the 45 day mark on my first order and about 15 days on my second order from Amy Wan @Luyuan.

Back