diy solar

diy solar

Home Assistant Integration - Schneider 6848 Pro with EG4-LL's [with display] V1 Batteries in Closed loop communication.

NewGuyNoob

I have been integrating the Schneider 6848 Pro / EG4 setup into Home Assistant. I have found the ModBus Maps and I have integrated most of the important stuff so far, however I have not been able to get any data from the "EG4 BMS" that is found when we add the EG4's Battery - BMS into the InsightHome Software/Gateway

1684414723897.png

Is there any interest into integrating this into Home Assistant on these forums? If so, I am willing to continue to share on this forum and any help would be most appreciative.

I have home assistant running on a Raspberry Pi 4b, and I am retrieving this data directly from my network and the InsightHome device. This integration is similar to Solar Assistant's design/interface. Solar Assistant is not compatible with Schneider's Equipment that I have read.

I could post this information to the HomeAssistant Web forum, but that forum is a mess in my opinon, just trying to use the search feature is a "bad" experience. Here we actually use this particualr setup and I think the interest would be significantly higher.

Also, the configuation.yaml attached to this post, was cut/pasted into a text file. So be aware that you may need to take out any formating or white spacing to use this in a copy/paste operation. Changing to your particular ModBus Slave address for each device.

Resources:

All ModBus Maps from Schneider, that communicate with the InsightHome / Insight Facility:
https://solar.se.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2022/02/Conext-Gateway-InsightHome-InsightFacility-Modbus-Maps.zip.

Attachments

• configuation.yaml.txt
    18 KB · Views: 30
  • Conext-Gateway-InsightHome-InsightFacility-Modbus-Maps.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
This looks very interesting. I just got my Schneider system working and would like very much to integrate it into Home Assistant. I also have EG4 LL V2 batteries with Insight Facility. I am struggling to get my Insight to read the EG4 BMS but I may have found the solution. I see that EG4 released a firmware update for the EG4 V2 models to address the problem.

I have been integrating the Schneider 6848 Pro / EG4 setup into Home Assistant. I have found the ModBus Maps and I have integrated most of the important stuff so far, however I have not been able to get any data from the "EG4 BMS" that is found when we add the EG4's Battery - BMS into the InsightHome Software/Gateway

View attachment 149660

Is there any interest into integrating this into Home Assistant on these forums? If so, I am willing to continue to share on this forum and any help would be most appreciative.

I have home assistant running on a Raspberry Pi 4b, and I am retrieving this data directly from my network and the InsightHome device. This integration is similar to Solar Assistant's design/interface. Solar Assistant is not compatible with Schneider's Equipment that I have read.

I could post this information to the HomeAssistant Web forum, but that forum is a mess in my opinon, just trying to use the search feature is a "bad" experience. Here we actually use this particualr setup and I think the interest would be significantly higher.

Also, the configuation.yaml attached to this post, was cut/pasted into a text file. So be aware that you may need to take out any formating or white spacing to use this in a copy/paste operation. Changing to your particular ModBus Slave address for each device.

Resources:

All ModBus Maps from Schneider, that communicate with the InsightHome / Insight Facility:
https://solar.se.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2022/02/Conext-Gateway-InsightHome-InsightFacility-Modbus-Maps.zip.
Did you happen to install Grafana on Home assistant or do you just use the HA dashboards?

Nice work!

I've been using home assistant for a while, and have had "add solar" on my TODO list for a while. I'd like to go so far as to enable all of the various sensors in the "Energy" dashboard. This looks like some very solid work!

Since you were asking about the BMS info, I don't know if you saw the response in your other thread, but someone responded with info on how to get that info: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/a...me-assistant-via-modbus-tcp.62707/post-814231

I don't know if you'd be interested in adding your configs on a github repo, but eventually when I get time, I'd like to make an "integration" so people can just add a conext addon into their HA, rather than manually adding config files. Give them a UI where they can select the modbus bus and device ID's, and how many components they have (ie, 1,2,3 inverters.. 1,2,3,10 charge controllers, etc etc.. )

I'm not sure when I'll have the time to work on the integration, but I feel your configs would be a solid start to that larger project.

I'm a little late to this thread, sorry about that. I will post all the information I have gathered so far.

I want to make my HA config much more modular, however I am having a difficult time, as I have 3 MODBUS connections; I have a thread here: https://community.home-assistant.io...g-and-sensors-into-separate-yaml-files/657056

Here is my single home assistant config file, with all the registers in them. I use this site and /or AI [easiest] to convert the list of hexadecimal address, to decimal format. https://codebeautify.org/hex-decimal-converter

I use EG-LL Pro these are with a display [Version 1] and to access the BMS information, the Modbus Interface document you want is:
Conext Gateway Modbus Interface Specification (502) Li-Ion Battery Management System 990-91344B Sep 28, 2021

To Conext Gateway is a Hub: You connect to the hub using MODBUS:

YAML:
  - name: Conext_Gateway
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.179
    port: 503
    delay: 2
    timeout: 15
    sensors:

Once connected you then have to use port 502 or 503 to pull your data from. Keep in mind, I'm covering my configuration, you will have to adapt to yours, if you add additional devices or your slave is different beneath the :Sensors argument.

In a nutshell:

- Connect to Gateway as a HUB
- The HUB is the connecting point for all devices in the Schneider Network
called (Xanbus), wich is properity to their design.
- Use MODBUS to connect to the HUB via TCP, MODBUS config section.
- Use MODBUS maps to figure out the data you want, and where this register is located.
- Use Hexadecmial to Deciamal converter to convert the Hexadecmial to a Decimal,
this will allow you to populate the address: [ ] in the Senor Config.

YAML:
sensors:
      - name: "EG4 Internal BMS - Battery SOC"
        unique_id: d190cd3a-90c9-4a2c-8edc-3d71bce8604f
        data_type: uint16
        unit_of_measurement: V
        scale: 1
        precision: 2
        slave: 230
        address: 40081
        scan_interval: 15

For the XW 4868 Inverter, I converted the PDF to Word, then edited the document to insert its decimal value, it was a quick edit, but I figured it could help somone, so I attached it as well. The title is: 503-0246-01-01_RevA.4_Modbus_Map_Conext_XW_Device.zip which has the .docx file in it.

BTW im still fairly new to all this YAML stuff and just trying to help the next person who is looking to do what we have been doing.
Hope this helps!

Also, I found that installing HACS [Home Assistant Community Store] allowed me to use a users made Victon intergration. This will intergrate my Cerbro GX and create all the sensors. I use the Victron Battery Shunt, this was provied by this addon, so I commented it out of my Yaml. Also the cerbro GX has two dry contact relays, that you can automate easity with this addon's entinties.

This can all be found here:

HACS:

Once you install HACS, you can search for Victron GX modbus TCP, and install there or if you would like to manually install into your home assistant instance:

Victron TCP Intergration is here:

Home assistant MODBUS page:

I edit everthing from my Home Assistant installed on my Rasbery Pi; I edit directly in Home Assistant using an Addon. I love using it; extreamly easy install and use.

Attachments

• Conext-Gateway-InsightHome-InsightFacility-Modbus-Maps(3).zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Conext-Modbus-Maps-V4.zip
    979.4 KB · Views: 6
  • configuration.yaml.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 503-0246-01-01_RevA.4_Modbus_Map_Conext_XW_Device.zip
    221.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back