diy solar

diy solar

How does my wiring diagram look?

shevy5000

This will be going into my Chevy express. Any feedback is appreciated.

Battery: SOK (built in Bluetooth)
Inverter: Victron phoenix 12/1200
Dc2dc w mppt: Renogy 50A (I’ll be installing a solar panel in the future)

The “Victron lynx” will actually be a modified Victron Power In

Attachments

• IMG_4082.jpeg
    IMG_4082.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 17
I presume your wire guage specs are accurate, I will let you verify.

My opinion would be to add a shunt monitor. And my preference would be to use a blue sea thermal breaker on the input sides where applicable instead of fuses, for ease of maintenance and troubleshooting.

I presume your wire guage specs are accurate, I will let you verify.

My opinion would be to add a shunt monitor. And my preference would be to use a blue sea thermal breaker on the input sides where applicable instead of fuses, for ease of maintenance and troubleshooting.
SOK batteries have Bluetooth that acts as a shunt so not really needed unless op had some logging.

Lynx has fuse holders. I prefer fuses as they're smaller and easier. If a fuse blows you have a major issue. Battery bms should blow before the fuse and the inverter/DC should stop before it can blow a fuse too

Disclaimer: I used to love Renogy now they make me cringe, lol.

With solid components like the SOK battery and Victron inverter, why go with the Renogy dcdc/mppt? Why not go with separate Victron MPPT and DCDC charger? Or at least the Kisae 1250 dual unit?

Reactions: Bop
Disclaimer: I used to love Renogy now they make me cringe, lol.

With solid components like the SOK battery and Victron inverter, why go with the Renogy dcdc/mppt? Why not go with separate Victron MPPT and DCDC charger? Or at least the Kisae 1250 dual unit?
I wanted the system to be as compact as possible...thus a 2-in-one unit. I wasn't familiar with the Kisae, I'll check it out

If it eventually fails I'll replace with separate components, but I've heard decent things about their dcdc/mppt so hopefully won't come to that

I guess I should change the 100a fuse from the bus bar to fuse block to a 70a fuse, to match the 6ga wire

Back