diy solar

diy solar

How Important is UL rating, Victron Multi 2 5000 ?

Moretorque

I want to buy one of these but I want it UL rated but only the 3000 model is, so is this a big deal if you ever want to use it grid tie or resale? Thanks....

I hope not.

I'm banking on there being a way to deal with this for my off-grid property... two Quattro 48/5kVA that aren't and never will be UL1741 approved.

I've helped managed a system of a gentleman in Maine who has 2X Quattro 48/10kVA in split phase. It was a DIY grid as backup install, and I have no idea if he had any regulatory hassles or if he even told anybody... :p

Thanks, I would have bought one already but ?????, What else can I get that is good and rated but is LF....

I know, I have looked into them and have heard their customer service leaves much to be desired....

Thanks, I would have bought one already but ?????, What else can I get that is good and rated but is LF....
If your local jurisdiction requires UL then the currently available 5kVA won't be permitted. Seems like the pending approval has been going on for a while now.

You could potentially go with a midnite Rosie (not LF but allows for significant surge capability). But it's around $3300. Does give you 120//240 in a single unit.

I know, I have looked into them and have heard their customer service leaves much to be desired....
Schneider?
Yea, they give installers / retailers priority over end users from what I've read, but you really don't see a whole lot of issues with them that need support anyway...

Back