diy solar

diy solar

How to connect another solar suitcase to my existing renergy suitcase

slayer666

I'm new here so, hello everyone.
I have a 100 watt Renogy suitcase with the 20 amp Voyager charge controller and I'm wondering how I can connect the same solar panel suitcase that does not have a charger. I know that the 20 amp charger will take the additional 100 Watts that I'm wanting to add but, I don't know how to wire it up or what connectors to use or anything. I was hoping somebody here could help me so that I could get 200 Watts going.
Thank you.
Jess

Pictures of the panel will help.

I use lion energy suitcase panels and made cables for those for 3S3P.

Unlike my lion energy, the Renogy has a SCC attached to the panel. May be easier removing the SCC.

Yes. The one I already have has the SCC attached to it as you're aware. The one that I ordered and should arrive on tuesday, does not have its own SCC. I'm wondering if I should cut the mc4 connectors off of the new suitcase and just connect them right to the solar charger on the other suitcase or if I'm supposed to use the mc4 connectors in some way to link it all together. I'll get some pictures when I have the new suitcase if you still need them. Thank you for your help.

IMG_1593.png

I would take the wires in the PWM out and join the new panel in parallel with a “y” cable. These y cables come with MC4.

If the PWM controller had more than one input, I’d connect the other panel.

How you docables is really based off it the panel will connect correctly.

Back