diy solar

diy solar

Huge Battery Investments Drop Energy-Storage Costs Faster Than Expected, Threatening Natural Gas

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Forbes reporting on RMI data (take it with a grain of salt as they're a bit right of center) that lithium prices are falling.

The main premise is that there are huge investments in batteries and it will drive break-throughs. Yes and No IMHO. I'm a bigger believer in the Elon Musk approach where your throw smart passionate people at problems rather than money. But money can sometimes do the trick and solid state lithium batteries by 2030 don't seem to far a stretch.

This is the reason I will probably stick with FLA's for the next 5 years, instead of rolling the dice on Ali-lith, and upgrade then for less than half the cost for a better product:

"RMI’s “Breakthrough Batteries” report anticipates “self-reinforcing feedback loops” between public policy, manufacturing, research and development, and economies of scale. Those loops will drive battery performance higher while pushing costs as low as $87/kWh by 2025. (Bloomberg put the current cost at $187/kwh earlier this year.)"

Still trying to figure out how your statement that "Forbes has been right of center lately so take with grain of salt" has anything to do with there take on the direction on battery technology. So, you don't like someones take on politics, therefore they may or may not know what they are talking about....interesting. Guess you are "left of center", so should I assume the same about you and your "facts" being taken with the same salt?

Back