diy solar

diy solar

I can't read this lifepo QR code. Can you?

shadowmaker

Solar Addict
I got two replacement cells for my 48V rack battery for free, although only one cell is clearly faulty out of 1500Ah (75kWh) purchased. To my surprise (as I haven't opened up any of my rack batteries yet) they are blade type cells and have tiny but clear QR type codes on both ends. I don't seem to be able to decode any, but then I'm not the sharpest pen in the pencil case...?

20231201_225509.jpg

20231201_182643.jpg

I bitmap traced it (not that it's accurate) and got
"10942228"

format:
UPC-E Code UPC-E (Universal product code) is a condensed barcode of code UPC-A mainly used in USA and Canada to identify products sold in stores and shops. It is used on packaging too small to receive code UPC-A

I can trace/redraw it better and maybe it'll get a better picture, or someone can just fill mine in with white better lol
ok I did that kinda
if someone has some grid software maybe they can redraw it

I tested those numbers and it isn't really similar at all in any version so idk what it is x__x
doesn't even look like a QR code now that I actually looked at it
some ancient hieroglyph left by the egyptians?

some QR code are proprietary for corporate/factories so won't be readable by the regular qr code only their in house one steganography

Attachments

• 1701902987183.png
    1701902987183.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 5
  • thing-fs8.png
    thing-fs8.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1701903569441.png
    1701903569441.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thank you gotbeans for trying!

I also tried to figure this out using google and found out this is called Data Matrix Code, but got no luck with any free decoder that I tested. It would be nice to found out the specs and production date of this battery cell, but the main thing is to fix my "broken" battery with it.

Yeah the freebee ZXing based readers are not very good at anything besides perfect barcodes. I've cleaned up the barcode a bit and got the following: 5040031993 620314 D3H 2001307 . Not super meaningful to me, but maybe it'll tickle something for you. In the mean time, it's possible I also damaged it... my phone is face down on the desk and just decoded UPC_E 07877766 from looking at it's shadow on the mouse pad.

Attachments

• Clipboard.png
    Clipboard.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 3
Thank you mushhead! That decoding doesn't help though as it seems it needs to be decoded once more to get any relevant info out of it. Well, I just hope it works as supposed, but it would have been fun to know something about its origins.

Thank you mushhead! That decoding doesn't help though as it seems it needs to be decoded once more to get any relevant info out of it. Well, I just hope it works as supposed, but it would have been fun to know something about its origins.
Heh you're welcome. It was a fun distraction this morning. I was hoping at least some of the numbers would match up with known information eg model number, capacity, voltage etc. Comparing against codes from other batteries could yield some clues, since the model number should be common to all of them. Even though it was a pretty good image you provided, it did take a bit of manual work to get it to go. I was lazy and just used my camera aimed at the screen... probably would have had to do less work if I was feeding the library directly, but unfortunately I don't have it set up atm and it's been a few years since I had to do this last. Another thing to add to the list of projects!

Yeah the freebee ZXing based readers are not very good at anything besides perfect barcodes. I've cleaned up the barcode a bit and got the following: 5040031993 620314 D3H 2001307 . Not super meaningful to me, but maybe it'll tickle something for you. In the mean time, it's possible I also damaged it... my phone is face down on the desk and just decoded UPC_E 07877766 from looking at it's shadow on the mouse pad.
the shadows are speaking to you.. beware

Back