diy solar

diy solar

I need some help with my Schneider System

I appreciate all the help I have received here. Thank you all for contributing.
What I learned - the Schneider has 2 firmwares 2.07.00 for the XW+6848 and I happened to use the wrong version first so all I got was 240 Volt from the unit and not 120 Volt times two. That destroyed a couple of things in my home but I am ok with a few hundred $ to fix that.
The second thing I learned was that if you program a limit per IEEE 1547-2003 of 59-61 Hz as the allowed frequency at AC1 input you never get a qualified grid source. Once I widened it to 58 - 62 Hz everything seemed fine again and the green LED showing that AC1 was lit and power qualified.

I just changed to your values and now it seems to work ok = I have a green LED. What is strange is that if will not qualify if the Frequency is 59 - 61 Hz so it has to be wider to work. Very strange but reality - thanks my friends for helping me.
Probably some kind of inaccuracy in its frequency detection mechanism. I also doubt your grid is really dipping below 59.

Under ACTIVE POWER CONTROL I have GFS Enable or Disable. What does GFS stand for and it is Disabled in my system - is that correct?

Under ACTIVE POWER CONTROL I have GFS Enable or Disable. What does GFS stand for and it is Disabled in my system - is that correct?
It's a mystery button. Nobody knows what it does and it will work on or off.

Edit: Nevermind, this is a joke about the GVS button, not GFS. I would default to leaving GVS off.

Last edited:
The ACTIVE POWER CONTROL has the GFS, which I don't know what it means - it is Disabled in my system. The GRID VOLTAGE SUPPORT has the GVS button and it is Enabled in my system. Please let me know what others have them set at?

GFS must be unique to the XW+, I don't see it on my XW pro.

Is there a question mark you can hover over or click on for more details,

For example:
Screenshot_20240212-170919.png

What happened to my display as it will not show the house usage any longer? Anyone knows a quick fix to this - the SCP also do not show any power to the house although I get it at approx 1 kW.
1707846202425.png

I am selling fine so the power goes towards the AC1 and is 0.7 kW in the picture above. But why no power to the house and all lights and TV is on.

I have GVS on and GFS off.

I would look to the status page for more reliable information than powerflow.

Also, ensure that Periodic Transmit Enable is turned on in the inverter Advanced Device Settings.

That is the way I have it - GVS on and GFS off with Periodic Transmit Enabled. Still don't see home power on the display = why?

Still don't see home power on the display = why?
Is there an "Associations" configuration section where you specify what inputs and outputs are called.

My SW4048 is different but in my Associations section, i associate AC Output to loads (my house) and AC Input to grid.

I dunno, mostly a guess. Maybe resetting or installing new firmware changed the to something other than what you had.

That is the way I have it - GVS on and GFS off with Periodic Transmit Enabled. Still don't see home power on the display = why?
Well, what does the status page say? It will show you the load current there.

Maybe your load wiring is in bypass or something and not drawing from the inverter. But the status page will give more reliable info than the power flow diagram.

That must be the problem - the Association set-up. It currently shows all the correct names but those names are greyed out and I am not allowed to change or add them as I could when they were valid. At one time they were normal text and I could change them but now when t´hey are gray in color - what do I need to do to get them normal again = dark normal text.

It currently shows all the correct names but those names are greyed out and I am not allowed to change or add them as I could when they were valid.
Mine are grayed out as well and set as they should be. If they show the correct values, thats probably ok. Perhaps need to be in standby to change? I cannot remember how i set mine, almost certainly before commission or with inverter in standby (which i used to do for every change).

The answer is likely explained in your InsightLocal status area (as previously mentioned). The overview flows are pretty but they are often slow to react and show only a small amount of what is happening.

All well - the system was approved by the power company today. Thanks everyone for helping me. I sure educated myself a lot with this Schneider system.

Back