diy solar

diy solar

Idea for WIll

• Thread starter Deleted member 1888
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1888

As im still new to solar im now looking at the fact that I will not be able to power all my house off battle born. Im looking at a DIY power wall or Tesla Power wall but I don't know what is the best way. Maybe you can make a vid on this and show us the best way to get a battery bank that can power a house for the least amount of money.

As im still new to solar im now looking at the fact that I will not be able to power all my house off battle born. Im looking at a DIY power wall or Tesla Power wall but I don't know what is the best way. Maybe you can make a vid on this and show us the best way to get a battery bank that can power a house for the least amount of money.
I think he is currently working on a book to do this.

I would be really interested in a video on this topic, or a new book!

Can? The Tesla wall system is pretty hard to beat pricewise.
Also, its gridtied abilities qualify for the tax credit...

Are you willing to adjust your daily power usage? I think a setup to power light circuits and chosen receptacles are a great starting system, then adding in ac or more... cooking etc is the way to go affordably.

I cant wait to see will's setup!

No, I am not working on a powerwall book.

Also, I would prefer buying a UL listed powerwall for most residential systems, such as the lg or Tesla system. Not worth it to build your own. That is my opinion though. The diy powerwall crowd will disagree with me.

Off-grid? LiFePO4 all the way :)

I agree that UL listed carries value way beyond just immediate dollar cost. If you plan to insure your home then you might not want to use something you built yourself. If you make a mistake and burn down your house then the very insurance you need to use to rebuild your home will likely not cover the loss.

Back