diy solar

diy solar

Initial module connection question

showme

I'm getting my panels mounted on the 1st of 2 racks, and I've got the home run wires and ground wire in place, getting ready to mount the 1st combiner box to the pole (using MT Solar's top of pole 12 panel racks). These racks are built at waist level, raised up by chain fall, then the rigging to lift them is pulled and transferred to the second pole to build that one. Anyway, as of now I have the modules plugged into themselves to zero them out. But I need to get them wired before I attach the rack at it's final position. I want to connect everything at ground level before it's 4-15' off the ground. Question is, is it ok to connect them before the charge controller is in place? I'm building a shed to house the equipment in, between the arrays (30' apart). I intend to get the shed built in the next couple of weeks, but until I have the panels wired up, I can't start on the second array since I need the chain fall and picking eye transferred over in order to start erecting it. Any thoughts, warnings or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Lee

Back