diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

... the thing that started all this ... this journey into the black hole...was the Run Light on battery #5 being ON continuously. I posted the response from Cindy Lou/SG above. I have not responded to that black hole either.... but the answer is No there is no current flowing from battery #5 (as per Solar Assistant) when the Run Light is locked ON.

Since then I have also seen the Run Lights lock on on the other batteries but only for brief periods of time. Generally they are blinking on and off...but #5 seems to stay ON all the time (unless I turn the breaker off so that it's disconnected from the system).

Pack Full Chare Voltage = 56.0
Balance = 3.45

56.0 / Cell count (16) = 3.5. This is below Cell OPV Alarm (3.60) and Cell OVP (3.70)
Probably should change Cell OVP to 3.6 or 3.58

Mine blink when charging and are steady when when Idle, not sure what they do on discharge (I am guessing they blink on discharge as well).

If #5 battery is not balanced with the rest or the pack you might not have any discharge while the Inverter is pulling from the others. You would need to note the the status of the Charge and Discharge MOSFETS to see if the BMS is preventing charging or discharging.

Pack Full Chare Voltage = 56.0
Balance = 3.45

56.0 / Cell count (16) = 3.5. This is below Cell OPV Alarm (3.60) and Cell OVP (3.70)
Probably should change Cell OVP to 3.6 or 3.58

Mine blink when charging and are steady when when Idle, not sure what they do on discharge (I am guessing they blink on discharge as well).

If #5 battery is not balanced with the rest or the pack you might not have any discharge while the Inverter is pulling from the others. You would need to note the the status of the Charge and Discharge MOSFETS to see if the BMS is preventing charging or discharging.
Thank you for the confirmation!! Much appreciated and right now after all this fiddling ... letting #5 charge a bit from PV and all batteries back on line everything is looking normal even the blinking Run light on #5....

I'm just gonna chill and see what happens over the next few days.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 164901.png

Thank you for the confirmation!! Much appreciated and right now after all this fiddling ... letting #5 charge a bit from PV and all batteries back on line everything is looking normal even the blinking Run light on #5....

I'm just gonna chill and see what happens over the next few days.

View attachment 199592
Keep an eye on that low cell value in pack 2 and 5.

Keep an eye on that low cell value in pack 2 and 5.
Will do that but don't know that I can do anything if the BMS doesn't fix it...guess I could fight with SG and try to get it replaced...but they'd make me open up the battery and do gawd knows what...

Will do that but don't know that I can do anything if the BMS doesn't fix it...guess I could fight with SG and try to get it replaced...but they'd make me open up the battery and do gawd knows what...
Open it up and throw a bench charger on the low cells or bleed the high cells off with a resistor.
The BMS will fix it but you'll have to float for at least 24 hours and make sure balance start is set ~3.42V.

Open it up and throw a bench charger on the low cells or bleed the high cells off with a resistor.
The BMS will fix it but you'll have to float for at least 24 hours and make sure balance start is set ~3.42V.
That why I'm thinking the increase in float time might help. I'm going to see what happens over the next few days.

It's all been working great for the last couple of months....

Notice the "Generator waveform THD" requirement for UPS vs APL modes.

So just for peace of mind - I didn't need the generator in the past 2 weeks - I looked up the THD issue:

(From the referenced spec)

UPS mode (refer to inverter LCD setting “UPS”) - Generator waveform THD: < 10%

Appliance mode (refer to inverter LCD setting “APL”) - Generator waveform THD: < 30%.

I was considering the EG4 chargeverter to protect the SGP AIO, but it seems not necessary.

Last concern: who wrote this generator requirements document? It refers to "5048MKX"
... SRNE behind this one?

Well, we are having a sunny day today instead of rain and clouds, bit of snow overnight but already mostly melted.

My batteries are looking great this morning and just hit 100% SOC.... working on the balancing right now... will check back in on them in a bit.

I'm kinda think what I noticed (the Run light and the low voltage etc) has probably been going on all along but I haven't really noticed or paid attention from just watching/checking the basic screen on Solar Assistant. It's kinda doing the same thing this afternoon... battery #5 Run Light constant on lots of BL's in the SOKTools and showing about 2 volts less than the other five batteries. I guess I'm still thinking there is something just not right about that battery #5 but I'm gonna ignore it for now...

I've been watching my batteries and their Run lights on and off for a few days now and WTF... who knows... #5 is pretty much working normally but I have noticed at different time that any or all of the five will seem to have 'locked on' run lights otherwise they seem to blink once s second or Screenshot 2024-03-05 152821.pngso...I'll just keep watching...

at the moment:

Back