diy solar

diy solar

Interesting Battery: Epoch 300 AH (with coms.)

Marinepower

Solar Enthusiast
This new battery looks like a good contender for a mobile system.

300 continuous discharge, UL listing, multiple coms, etc

I am hoping someone will do a video review....(please)

MP

Interesting indeed! I have a truck camper being delivered in 60 days or so. There seems to be 2 versions of the 300 ah batteries, $1100 for the “basic” one including heating and a 200 BMS. Also a 300ah with heating, 300 BMS, and Victron communication ports,(whatever that means) for $1200. The form factor is especially appealing to me as to fit one into a small 2 battery camper compartment. Weight is 58 and 65lbs. respectively, shipping is $80 from Georgia to Oregon for the lighter one.

I have been looking at the SOK 280 as well. Which would you choose?

Have a look at this in the UK ...... do the specs match up, albeit at a higher price? They look very similar ...

This new battery looks like a good contender for a mobile system.

300 continuous discharge, UL listing, multiple coms, etc

I am hoping someone will do a video review....(please)

MP
Is there a typo on the spec sheet? Says max continuous discharge amps 300A, but max continuous power Watts is 2560W?
Screenshot_20231004_031227_Gallery.jpg

Have a look at this in the UK ...... do the specs match up, albeit at a higher price? They look very similar ...
The drift pro states specifically the cell model and manufacturer and BMS brand. Epoch seems like a black box with no further information

"Introducing the Drift Pro 12V 300Ah LiFePO4 Leisure Battery, designed by our multi-award winning team here at Fogstar."

&

Engineered in the USA

well someone is not tellin the truth...:p

"Introducing the Drift Pro 12V 300Ah LiFePO4 Leisure Battery, designed by our multi-award winning team here at Fogstar."

&

Engineered in the USA

well someone is not tellin the truth...:p
haha perhaps.
Designed can be different than engineered.
One can engineer the battery components and the design team may design the package it comes in.
Or the decals on the outside. ?

Heads up, Epoch is having a 20% off sale for Black Friday. Use code BF2023 at checkout. That makes the basic 300AH battery $879. Looks like it doesn't apply to the one with comms.

Attachments

• IMG_9176.png
    IMG_9176.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9177.png
    IMG_9177.png
    192 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9178.png
    IMG_9178.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It would talk with the inverter like victron and give more information such as state of charge, voltages of each cell, much more info than just voltage.

I ordered two of the non-comm 300AH units with the black friday 20% off to replace my existing 100AH batteries in my Class B van. Slight modification was required, but I have them fitting in the original battery box. I'm very happy to have tripled my capacity and still have all of my storage space.

Back