diy solar

diy solar

Inverter settings question. "stop charging, battery is full." This setting is "absorption V" ?

kolek

Inventor of the Electron
Charging for the first time, Deye 8K inverter.
Where do I tell the inverter the voltage where it should stop charging the battery to avoid overcharging?
Is it this screen?
batty-set.jpeg

Absorption V = stop charging the battery at this value?

I'm using a 48V 16S EVE 280AH battery

Absorb setting does not stop the charging, only limits the rise in voltage. When it reaches the setting, current will gradually fall. Hopefully your
inverter has an adjustable time limit for absorb. If left in absorb too long, it can overcharge one or more cells. I have a 12V system. You will have to experiment a bit but my absorb time is currently at 15 minutes. After the time is reached, it will drop the voltage to the float value. If the system has no load, yes , the charging will stop for a while but will resume once the voltage has fallen to the float value. Disable equalization setting if possible
If it cannot be disabled, change the setting to something below the float value if it allows you to go that low. Equalizing LIFEP04 cells is very bad.

Hopefully your
inverter has an adjustable time limit for absorb
I don't see absorb time setting in the Deye menus. Nothing showing up on search engines for deye absorb time either

Disable equalization setting if possible
If it cannot be disabled, change the setting to something below the float value if it allows you to go that low.
I've done that, thank you.

Does your inverter allow you to set "bulk" voltage? I also don't see that in the Deye menu.

I don't see absorb time setting in the Deye menus. Nothing showing up on search engines for deye absorb time either
That cannot be set in the deye.
The way it works in these inverters..
They will charge untill absorb voltage is met, once charging amps go down to 10% of your total capacity for 30 minutes they stop charging and set SOC to 100%
I've done that, thank you.

Does your inverter allow you to set "bulk" voltage? I also don't see that in the Deye menu.
Bulk voltage is called float in your deye

Absorb setting does not stop the charging, only limits the rise in voltage. When it reaches the setting, current will gradually fall. Hopefully your
inverter has an adjustable time limit for absorb. If left in absorb too long, it can overcharge one or more cells. I have a 12V system. You will have to experiment a bit but my absorb time is currently at 15 minutes. After the time is reached, it will drop the voltage to the float value. If the system has no load, yes , the charging will stop for a while but will resume once the voltage has fallen to the float value. Disable equalization setting if possible
If it cannot be disabled, change the setting to something below the float value if it allows you to go that low. Equalizing LIFEP04 cells is very bad.
This is a good general response but more DEYE specific information is required as the behavior of the DEYE inverters is not what is expected from quality charge controller

That cannot be set in the deye.
The way it works in these inverters..
They will charge untill absorb voltage is met, once charging amps go down to 10% of your total capacity for 30 minutes they stop charging and set SOC to 100%

Bulk voltage is called float in your deye
My charge voltage on the 6kW Deye Hybrid inverter is 57.6 as displayed on BMS communication display. This equates to 3.6V / cell. If this is held for 30 minutes the battery will be damaged over time form high voltage stress. There is no option available to modify this. Most people using this arrangement would not get their batteries to last beyond 3 years with a daily charge cycle. It is unfortunate that with all this technology and LFP charging knowledge that they are selling inverters and batteries with settings that are not in the interest of the system

My charge voltage on the 6kW Deye Hybrid inverter is 57.6 as displayed on BMS communication display. This equates to 3.6V / cell. If this is held for 30 minutes the battery will be damaged over time form high voltage stress. There is no option available to modify this. Most people using this arrangement would not get their batteries to last beyond 3 years with a daily charge cycle. It is unfortunate that with all this technology and LFP charging knowledge that they are selling inverters and batteries with settings that are not in the interest of the system
You need to adjust your bms

My charge voltage on the 6kW Deye Hybrid inverter is 57.6 as displayed on BMS communication display.
Really?! The Deye is charging 48V battery packs with 57.6V? I'm trying to think how to verify this. It would be great if we could ask Deye, but they virtually never respond to support questions, and when they do, they rarely provide a lucid response, so that's not really an option. (I guess that's one way to reduce support requests).

Researching this I found this thread discussing the issue:

Last edited:
Really?! The Deye is charging 48V battery packs with 57.6V? I'm trying to think how to verify this. It would be great if we could ask Deye, but they virtually never respond to support questions, and when they do, they rarely provide a lucid response, so that's not really an option. (I guess that's one way to reduce support requests).

Researching this I found this thread discussing the issue:
Missed this part ?
"57.6 as displayed on BMS communication display. "

Back